Developing a MineDota

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Ziden, Aug 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ziden

Hi there. Im developing a MineDota with 2 friends, as a big project. We actually have me focusing heroes and skills, one focusing mob IA (using citizens api) other focusing on items, and we are tryng to develop a good dota plugin.

Wish to know if anyone intrested in the development. We offer no money for the developing but a partnership on the server.

2. Offline

Gerov

Ziden I would offer a little help, but I have never played Dota, so I know absolutely nothing about the mechanics or gameplay.

3. Offline

Lactem

Mob IA? Did you mean mob AI?

4. Offline

Ziden

ops yeah, IA is in portuguese hahaha im sorry, but yea mob AI ^^

Just finishing the items system

if anyone intrested add me on skype ziden66 , its a big project and we have many things done, your java skills and organized programming are more important then your knowledge of dota.

5. Offline

JBoss925

I'm js, if you're trying to make mob AIs, I wouldn't recommend Citizens. I would point you towards pathfinders and path goals. Then create your own.

6. Offline

_Filip

You should use zombies and skeletons as the minions :)

EDIT: (I haven't actually played Dota, only LoL)

7. Offline

EnderTroll68

I offer my help, my skype is enderboy68. I don't have much experience with Dota specifically, but I do have a TON of experience with another MOBA (LoL) so I could help out.

8. Offline

Wingzzz

Having programmed a private version of LOL/DOTA, I can say the biggest difficulty I had was performance with custom mobs. Mobs that need to efficiently but powerfully path, ignore allies, whilst queuing attacks/skills/abilities to attack enemies can pose- err- *issues*. Would love to see your approach on the matter.

Everything else like towers, effects, animations, champions should be relatively trivial though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.