Developer Costs

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by IIxUnderWorldxII, Oct 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm just wondering how much would a developer to be to hire. I'm not looking to hire, I'm just curious.

2. IIxUnderWorldxII Depends how much you want them to do, and how good you want them to be.

3. AdamQpzm Say you wanted them to be able to code mini-games with a decent speed.

4. Offline

Gamecube762

IIxUnderWorldxII
    That still depends, how big is a "mini-game", how much work will it take to make, what is considered a "decent speed"?

5. Offline

Hawktasard

Really depends what you would be looking for, I'd say for minigames ~$100+

6. Offline

FerusGrim

As far as Mini-Games go, most of them would be at least $100 (agreeing with Hawktasard). And that's just to have a system that spawns players in the correct locations, keeps a score, and then resets itself after a completed time/goal.

A decent hunger-games Mini-Game? Easily $150-200.

7. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Screw my job! I will now be a 24/7 Plugin Developer if I get that much money for every plugin I make...

8. Offline

FerusGrim

The problem is getting enough people willing to pay you, finding customers who won't renege when the deal is done, and then dealing with a failing API platform, like Bukkit.

9. Offline

mrCookieSlime

But I already quit my job D:

JK I know, I personally would never pay for things which are basically just Text .
    And I recommend all you guys out there who are thinking about purchasing a Plugin to better learn JAVA, it'll take a while but your Plugins will be more reliable since you can fix them yourself etc...

AdamQpzm likes this.
  10. Offline

FerusGrim

Just text?

Someone has a low opinion of development.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  11. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Well, I enjoy developing of course. I do it in my free time.

But to be honest... after all Coding is just writing a bunch of Text.
    (Of course there is all the logical thinking, compiling, memory of all important steps and tricks, etc. but the most important thing is still writing the Code itself...)

Well, that sounded weird.
    What I was trying to say was that learning how to code is not that hard so there is no need to spend a lot of money to avoid that.

12. Offline

FerusGrim

I guess I view it differently. Programming is an almost passionate experience to me. :) And to share that experience with someone else, exclusively, I enjoy some compensation. Rarely do I work for free, unless I'm going to give it out to everyone, or it was something I was going to do anyways.

Gamecube762 likes this.
  13. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Well, yes, we have a different view of coding :D

Anyway, what I was trying to say was that learning how to code is not the most difficult in the world, so there is no need to spend a lot of money just to avoid it...

14. Offline

FerusGrim

That's entirely true, for an individual. I also rarely work for a single person. Most of the time it's a large server company who hires me for a single plugin, or a particularly wealthy owner of a smaller server.

15. Not a fan of books of any kind then, eh?

16. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Never said text is bad ;D

17. mrCookieSlime You'd never pay for thing which are basically just text - barring picture books, isn't this what books are? :p

mrCookieSlime likes this.
  18. Offline

mrCookieSlime

AdamQpzm
    Ooooh, now I understand what you meant xD
    Sorry, it is 10 am here..

Anyway, seeing it like that, yes I pay for text P:
    But my point was that spending that much money for text that you can write on your own is not worth it...

AdamQpzm likes this.
  19. Offline

xTrollxDudex

WOW! I can write my own War & Peace book? Lets find a YouTube Tutorial!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.