Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

subshadow

This is an amazing idea that can revolutionize the way that we play minecraft multiplayer. But I find it sad that it is not compatible with so many other plugins for bukkit. So I'm going to refrain from keeping the client on my server until this gets noticed by more devs and then make there plugins compatible with Spout (which is really inevitable because of how limitless the possibilities are with this).

3. Offline

FRLanc

Dont understand how to install on spoutcraft rusificator, toomanyitems and zombe. Can you help or itisn't real play on spoutcraft with those mods?

4. Offline

Wulfspider

We don't support other client mods and most of the time they conflict with Spoutcraft. Please read the OP.

I don't know what other plugins you are referring to, but most of them are just either auto-downloading and older version of Spout such as when it was named BukkitContrib or a plugin that originally modified the CraftBukkit jar such as the ore obfuscation plugin.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  5. Offline

Lead2Life

Can anyone tell me where to disable that chunkcache? I don't find the option in the options of the server and the client.
    Nice plugin!! It was the issue for me to buy the game :p Keep on your good work and keep on your "no support for cracked versions" because now we've a way to be "better" than those who haven't bought this game ;)

6. Offline

NinjaGrinch

I can confirm that build 149 of Spoutcraft fixes the issues with plugins such as mcMMO 1.1.03 that caused clients to run out of memory frequently.

I would kindly appreciate it that in the future when someone reports an issue with Spout(craft) that instead of being told that you are whining to actually list as it may have merit. I even offered to give my plugin list which would've shown mcMMO was on it yet apparently it wouldn't have made a difference (even though it made all the difference).

I would hope that feedback would be welcomed? As feedback about potential bugs doesn't make Spoutcraft worse, it just helps it make it a great plugin as I know it can be.

BlackPandemic likes this.
  7. Offline

Woolcity

I figured it out. Turns out LogBlocks needed to be updated. Before it required contrib. in the latest version it requires spout. =] Problem resolved. Hopefully this posts helps others.

8. Offline

Wulfspider

I believe the chest logging feature is the only part that uses Spout/Bukkitcontrib.
    Glad you got it figured out. :)

9. Offline

grifOndOr

toomanyitems doesnt really work :( (for example with jukebukkit)

10. Offline

shadydeath999

hmm i installed latest spout build+craftbukkit 1060 and running spoutcraft latest versio i get:
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] java.lang.AbstractMethodError: me.desmin88.mobdisguise.listeners.PacketListener.checkPacket(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.listener.FakeListener.checkPacket(FakeListener.java:17)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.PacketListeners.canSend(PacketListeners.java:54)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncedSendPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:457)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPacketQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:449)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:434)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-08-17 04:00:00 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError: me.desmin88.mobdisguise.listeners.PacketListener.checkPacket(Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;Ljava/lang/Object;)Z
    at org.getspout.spoutapi.packet.listener.FakeListener.checkPacket(FakeListener.java:17)
    at org.getspout.spout.packet.listener.PacketListeners.canSend(PacketListeners.java:54)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncedSendPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:457)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.syncFlushPacketQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:449)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:434)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

11. Offline

Top_Cat

"me.desmin88.mobdisguise" - Read the log, update mobdisguise

12. Offline

shadydeath999

and mob disguise is cuasing player not bieng able to login then?( before updating)

13. Offline

Woolcity

anyone found a good flymod that could go with the spout installation yet? Everything else is working fine. Fly mod is the only outstanding issue at this point. =]

14. Offline

Adr3nalaNN

Hello to you. I wonder how we can make maj fog? Because when I change the fog I see, but it changes nothing. (It's like I'm still far)

15. Offline

Lolmewn

Found a typo in SpoutCraft.
    When hovering over Advanced OpenGL in the video settings, it sais: Fast - ony ..
    I think it should be Fast - only..

16. Offline

Woolcity

maj fog? What?

17. Offline

KuroSnow

Name of project: Spoutcraft / Spoutcraft Launcher
    Project version/build: 1.0.2 / latest RB as of this post
    CraftBukkit build: 1060
    Description of issue:

Well, I've noticed that any of my users with Spout installed, and my own client, have seriously detrimental memory usage, I've seen it take up well over 3 gigs of RAM, where previously even a heavily modded minecraft didn't take up more than half of that. All of my users, and myself, have been experiencing frequent crashes as well. Out of memory errors, chunk cache errors, and a few where java itself just locks up. None of this happens on a vanilla client, but with Spout it occurs more than frequently.

Other than the memory/crashing issues, I love spout, and the things it can do!!!! I hope to see SO MANY MORE plugins support this!

18. Offline

Lolmewn

Another thing missing: In Video settings: Fog can't be set to Fancy. And Clear Water doesn't have a description.

19. Offline

Wulfspider

I believe Top_Cat just fixed this.

20. Offline

Lolmewn

Oh, ok. That's good :p

21. Offline

jycs

I wan't to use the Worldedit.jar present on the Singleplayercommands pack, in order to operate "Worldedit client side", but :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

22. Offline

Lunar Delta

I've been getting an incredible amount of "Chunk Cache Error"s with the latest dev build of the client/plugin and CB 1060. Many of my users who are using the client are getting near-constant disconnects for various reasons (Chunk Cache error, end of stream, or the client just plain crashing).

23. Offline

Wulfspider

@Raphfrk will have to take a look at those when he's available as that is his department.

24. Offline

jycs

25. Offline

Raphfrk

Thought I had found the problem. Is there an easy/fast way to trigger this?

Does it happen straight away?

It might be a corrupted cache file. Can you try deleting the files in the <APP_DATA>/.spoutcraft/chunkcache folder and re-starting.

26. Offline

Torados

27. Offline

Scoter

But...
    I'm using Spoutcraft with modloader, modloaderMP, kaevator's SuperSlopes, Balkan's WeaponMod, FancyPack and I don't have any issues with client and server... Nut i needed to put every file from .spoutcraft to .minecraft then mod the minecraft.jar file. You can use this method to make spout compatibile with other mods. Thank You

28. Offline

Top_Cat

29. Offline

celestria

plz fix memory leak its bad!!!!!

Gangsta_hotdog likes this.
  30. Offline

Torados

Not sure. It`s working well for me. Got no errors in the console. FlyMod and PlayerEditor is working fine together with Spout. And Minecraft runs stable.

I`ve tested all the graphicoptions, too. Works great. :eek:

31. Offline

Wulfspider

That sounds like a mess of conflicting classes...

The class that the fly mod itself uses gs.class, which Spoutcraft isn't hasn't modified yet... yet.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.