Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

alta189

Its not an automatic installer. The launcher is a separate MC installation, it will handle spout updates for you. I do not suggest using the mod on a regular MC launcher as it can mess up your MC installation. Please use the launcher

3. Offline

Wulfspider

All the updates come from Jenkins as recommended builds. The dev builds are simply builds that have not yet been promoted on Jenkins. The latest dev builds may contain fixes that the official released version lacks, but at the same time may break plugins that use Spout. using the launcher is the best and recommended way to stay updated and keep your Spoutcraft client separate from the vanilla Minecraft.

4. Offline

rtcabooservb

Oh okay, so to clarify;
    Spoutcraft Launcher has spoutcraft files built inside it and keeps it updated. So the launcher launches both minecraft and an always updated version of spoutcraft.

5. Offline

Wulfspider

The Spoutcraft Launcher downloads the latest recommended build of Spoutcraft client from our Jenkins server. Dev builds are downloaded instead if the option is selected under the Options on the launcher. The Spoutcraft client get put into the minecraft.jar by the Launcher and updates it as well as needed.

Spoutcraft Launcher creates it's own Minecraft installation under .spoutcraft instead of the usual .minecraft.

6. Offline

rtcabooservb

^_^ Okay thanks for clarifying it up for me.

7. Offline

philraz

I have a strange one we have 3 clients on a internal lan server two are working fine with the launcher but the third one has no sound tried deleting the spoutcraft folder and then running the jar again but same problem, log in with the minecraft client sound works log in with the spoutcraft launcher no sound any ideas ?

BTW thanks for a great plugin

8. Offline

rtcabooservb

I had the same issue and found out minecraft doesn't support 192khz sound cards. Make sure under his computer's sound options, it is defaulted to 24bit 44100hz. Fixed my problem. ^_^

9. Offline

dark_hunter

Right on, all the files are, and updated in a folder called .spoutcraft just like your other installation .minecraft.

10. Offline

philraz

Nope setting are correct and minecraft client plays sound thanks anyway, any other ideas anyone ?

11. Offline

alta189

Might be a memory issue, Im working on it now, should see a patch by monday

12. Offline

philraz

Thankyou I will wait and see what happens in a couple of days

13. Offline

dark_hunter

Can't he just move the sounds over from .minecraft folder?

14. Offline

alta189

Im talking about memory as in RAM

dark_hunter likes this.
  15. Offline

Kane

Very nice. I don't care much about the Proxy system as I use to before. Since Spout is offering so many features in 1 I don't mind the idea of multiple worlds servers on random ports and force the players to install Spout.

Though I am still concern with the famous most used mods on our Godcraft server for client side:

- Minimap
    - Optifog+Optimine
    - Improved Chat
    - Dynamic Lighting (this I don't care but tons of my players do)

They have a whole wiki on my server for client mods. Kind of crazy my community I would say at least 75% of them have modded clients.

This the only thing that has kept me away this long to the old project was things did tend to go wrong. Or players reported certain issues. I have yet to try Spout though.

Id love to see other server performance increases though I really careless for bandwidth as my servers on a 1 Gbps pipe hehe. Minecraft never used much to begin with I found.

Oh one thing people did like I remember them saying was that one project you had going for the client side. The one that buffered chunks? Did that ever make it into Spout?

Thanks,
    Kane

16. Offline

philraz

Tried that no better
    @alta189 if it helps the machine in question is only running 512mb of ram on a 2ghz p4 cpu the rest are running 1gb

17. Offline

Phant0mX

Maybe try using the batch file start option with lower starting and max ram options?
    Code:
    java -Xms256m -Xmx384m -jar Spoutcraft.jar
    pause

Save as Spoutcraft.bat and run. May work for you.

18. Offline

Raphfrk

Also, since they have a launcher, you don't have to explain about setting up the proxy system or the client patch.

Not involved with that side of the client, but I think they have or are planning most of those things.

Their plan is to have a client API, which will improve mod to mod compatibility, in the long run. However, atm, there are conflicts with many other mods.

Well, hopefully, since these changes are more targeted, i.e. I don't have to decode the entire packet stream, it will be more reliable.

Bandwidth helps the players though. Also, since the processing is being done by the server prior to compression and by the client after decompression, it is less CPU load for both.

Yes, in fact, that is what was referred to as craft proxy support.

For reconnecting, Spout works the same way as the Server Port client patcher, so more reliable.

19. Offline

coldguy101

Hey, i tried spout today for the first time, but it seems like Regios conflicts with it :( My Server side keeps getting spammed with
    "23:12:04 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to Regios
    java.lanat me.Adamki11s.Regios.RegiosPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(RegiosPlayerLis
    tener.jaat org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:286)at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:332)at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java
    :491)at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)1)"
    Do you know whats happenening here, or how to fix it?

20. Offline

dark_hunter

Quick fix would either talk with dev of that plugin or remove it.

21. Offline

EnlightendDead

Hey whenever I try to log into my server I get "Internal Exception java.io.ioexception bad packet id" Any help?

22. Offline

coldguy101

yea, i was posting it so that spoutdev would read it, it says hes online...

23. Offline

SpoutDev

Are you using a dev build of the client and/or plugin?

24. Offline

philraz

Must be a ram allocation problem
    Code:
    java -Xms256m -Xmx384m -jar Spoutcraft.jar
    was too slow but
    Code:
    java -Xms512m -Xmx512m -jar Spoutcraft.jar
    works with sound !
    Thanks

Phant0mX likes this.
  25. Offline

SpoutDev

SpoutDev is a whole team of people, not just one person. ;)

TfT_02 and Kane like this.
  26. Offline

coldguy101

Ok, thanks, and if you wouldn’t mind presenting this issue (if there is one) to the rest of the team that would be great!

27. Offline

SpoutDev

Quick guess is that you are using a version of Spout that that plugin does not work with completely or the dev of that plugin has updated to use a dev build of Spout instead.

28. Offline

alta189

He is on vacation now

29. Offline

dark_hunter

I would remove it for now then.

30. Offline

alta189

I am a part of spoutdev :p

dark_hunter likes this.
  31. Offline

rtcabooservb

Is it possible to have a client without optifog? Many of my users and myself lag with optifog, which is weird, but we get less fps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.