Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

Wulfspider

Uninstall AVG or add an exception to it for Spoutcraft and its folder if you are using it.
    If not, then please post your latest log from .spoutcraft/logs via www.pastie.org or www.pastebin.com for us to see.

3. Offline

MagikarpLOL123

AVG? Exception? What?

4. Offline

Wulfspider

Are you running AVG Anti-Virus, Internet Security, LinkScanner, or any of their other ones? If so, you'd need to disable them, uninstall, replace, or add exceptions for Spoutcraft to them. Google "exception" if you do not know what that means.

5. Offline

Windwaker

He's talking about any antivirus software you have, for the current launcher there have been some issues with downloads being blocked dues to the "potential threat" seen by antivirus software. An exception in this software would allow your computer to then download the files required to run Spoutcraft.

6. Offline

Wulfspider

I'm talking about AVG and only AVG actually. ;)
    It's really the only one that is known to cause issues with Spoutcraft alone right now and the way he is describing it, sounds exactly like what AVG is known to cause.

7. Offline

Windwaker

Ah, touche.

8. Offline

MagikarpLOL123

I dont have AVG Link Scanner or Internet security. I searched too and Im pretty sure I dont have them installed. I tried allowing it with windows firewall. But that didnt help either :(

9. Offline

Wulfspider

This has been fixed in the source, but there are no builds for it yet.

Then, "If not, then please post your latest log from .spoutcraft/logs via www.pastie.org or www.pastebin.com for us to see."

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  10. Offline

MagikarpLOL123

Done.

11. Offline

Wulfspider

We need the link it gave you. ;)

WalkerCrouse likes this.
  12. Offline

MagikarpLOL123

Ahh, my bad. Thanks for being patient with me unlike some plugin developers. http://www.pastie.org/3417548

13. Offline

imbred830

I can't get any plugins to work with it. It just crashes.. I'm new to spout, please help?

14. Offline

Wulfspider

Could you provide us with the build numbers of whatever you are using along with any logs?

I suggest using the "Clear Cache" button under the launcher options and trying again. Likely you have something that interfered with the download and caused issues with the install at one point.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

MagikarpLOL123

OK ill try that.

OH YEAH IT WORKED! Thank you so much!

16. Offline

Wulfspider

You're welcome :)

17. Offline

RGadelha

I think it's not Spoutplugin related but Craftbukkit's:
    After craftbukkit-1.1-R5-SNAPSHOT build#1943, not including it, all of my plug-ins are broken :(

18. Offline

Wulfspider

Read the notice at the top of this page. We've already updated, but you'll need to be running the latest builds that are compatible with it.

RGadelha likes this.
  19. Offline

RGadelha

Yeah, I know.

20. Offline

bobbysoslo

Is it possible as a server admin to enter keyboard shortcuts that will propagate to my players clients?

For example, I would like to set it so that all clients can press L and it will execute '/wolfcall'

21. Offline

Wulfspider

I'm not sure, narrowtux would know better.

22. Offline

bobbysoslo

Should I forward this to him or just wait for a response? Because with all the amazing things you guys are working on I feel like this would be an amazing feature if it isn't there already (I work hard to allow my players play without having to stop and enter commands in text and this would go a long way)

23. Offline

Wulfspider

Well, we're not really adding any new features to SpoutPlugin any more, but a plugin could add a KeyBinding which does that too. From narrowtux. :)

24. Offline

Auy658

Is theres any way i can see if a player uses Spoutcraft without having him to relog and me to check the log?

25. Offline

Wulfspider

You can use the /spout version playername command. You'd use it without the slash if you are using it in the server console.

26. Offline

Auy658

Thanks =)

27. Offline

bobbysoslo

I've been spending the last week looking at plug ins for my server and Spout has made me want to dust off my Java, I'll be looking into this :)

Also thank you for what is probably the politest denial of a feature request I've seen in my software engineering career haha

Edit: Could you point me to an entrypoint on where I would go about adding to the Spout Controls list? Sorry but it's a bit overwhelming at first and I can't seem to find any menu manipulation such as this.

28. Offline

pswayne

HOW the hell do you install this in to a server, the .jars i'm downloading or are downloadable are all snapshots or spoutcrafts .jars which wont work in the console, the download links are rubbish, where can i find the Spout.jar like we used to be able to, just a simple server plugin .jar?

Can someone link me the actual server plugin .jar please

29. Offline

Wulfspider

SpoutPlugin gets installed on the server in the plugins folder. http://spout.in/plugin
    Spoutcraft is the client.

The download links are fine, you just aren't reading the descriptions.

30. Offline

pswayne

Thanks, theres no installation guide on how to do this properly, or at least i couldn't find one.....it was so much easier to do it before without all the different download tabs, spout.jar and spoutcraft.exe

Now there are like 6 different download links that dont specify what each do, its just recommented build or dev build.....and you are saying its SpoutPlugin so why is there Spout (server), this is why its all confusing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But thanks anyways i've got it sorted now

31. Offline

Wulfspider

The current download site was just a quick solution to remedy the lack of dedicated download page that uses our mirror system. I was thinking you went through dev.bukkit, being as you are talking here. :p

There are actually a few installation guides. YouTube has quite a few, and I'm sure others could be found.

We'll have a better download site up eventually, but we're had other priorities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.