Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

BrickedKeyboard

Ok. Will you be able to translate at least some of the API calls from existing mod APIs? (modloader/modloader MP/Forge)

Ok, I read the thread.

One thing you do not address : using your API, is it possible to write plugins for Spout Craft that will use obfuscated code? Are you actually interpreting plugins as source files or as .classes ?

I still think that you should duplicate the actual API calls whenever possible. That is, if you want to write a class that has the same or similar calling parameters as something in Forge's API, you should add a dummy class that calls this class with exactly the same name and arguments as the one in Forge. This wouldn't be merging code, which I agree might be a lot of trouble, this would be making it easier to port over mods. The sooner major mods work with your API, the more people will contribute APIs, and so on and so forth til there are hundreds or thousands of mods available.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
  3. Offline

alta189

No

4. Offline

Afforess

Nope. Both of those are fundamentally flawed systems, which differ from our plans and goals.

5. Offline

Vas

my ISP did however block one minecraft mod site. Anyway, I can't use spoutcraft. No matter what I do, minecraft and spoutcraft keep stopping in their minecraft downloads. With spout it's a little better as it pauses for about 5 minutes then seems to jump to the next file and freeze. After it finished the first time, it said "Can not open archive" then "Connection time out" and I think one more error. I havn't been able to complete another download ever since. It also leaves javaw.exe running forever in my task manager. I just noticed that and had 8 javaw.exe's running. Ended them all and let the download run for 7 hours and it was still frozen on the same file it was stuck on 8 minutes after I started it. These odd issues are with minecraft only. Everything else on my internet works fine, lagless and low ping.

Code:
    C:\Users\Vas>ping google.com -n 100 -w 2
    Pinging google.com [74.125.225.48] with 32 bytes of data:
    *Skipping 100 results*
    Ping statistics for 74.125.225.48:
        Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 99, Lost = 1 (1% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 27ms, Maximum = 175ms, Average = 35ms
    Code:
    C:\Users\Vas>ping minecraft.net -n 100 -w 2
    Pinging minecraft.net [50.16.203.217] with 32 bytes of data:
    Ping statistics for 50.16.203.217:
        Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 98, Lost = 2 (2% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 51ms, Maximum = 119ms, Average = 56ms
    So I dunno what's going on.

6. Offline

BrickedKeyboard

Reason why I ask is that a translation layer would allow existing mods to be ported more rapidly. There have been man-years of developement time put into the pool of existing mods.

Doing a little brainstorming : is your goal to build an API that can fix this modding problem once and for all?

Here's what it would need to do :
    1. Support enough hooks for actually doing everything Modloader/modloader MP/Forge allow at present. On the bright side, many of the hooks will need to be server-side only.
    2. Have an integrated installer and server plugin manager. Even putting things into a plugins folder is too much work : there needs to be a list of all server/client plugins, an incompatibility database that is online and can be checked on each launch, and a simple gui for users to check the boxes.
    3. The reason for this is that the goal would be to supplant current single player modding. All mods would be server side with client assets using your framework, and clients would connect to localhost if someone wanted to play solo. Notch should have never made a single player only minecraft in the first place.

If this were possible, you could funnel all of the people writing mods now, some of whom are programmers at least as talented as your team, into a single unified effort. It would be drastically better for the users if all minecraft modding were SMP (thus making all mods by default work in SMP) and it was possible to just join a server and play without requiring the typical user to do anything else.

7. Offline

MG127

what serverlist is that "public serverlist" in spoutcraft ?

8. Offline

Wulfspider

http://list.mcmyadmin.com

It will be using our own one of these days.

9. Offline

MG127

ahh mcmyadmin ... thats bad, i cant use it on my server, the hoster doesn't support it

10. Offline

sintri

Guess bit two part problem which may or may not be related to one another. First, don't seem to be able to download any updates from minecraft server, other comp works, and copying over the .spoutcraft folder works, just updating through the launcher hangs. Second part, audiocache remains empty even though things are suppose to be transfer to it.

11. Offline

Vas

I manually downloaded all the files from the server. They are all not working. Spoutcraft refuses to use my version of the manually downloaded files. I used a packet sniffer to get the direct links. Can you send me the manual installation? I don't think it's possible to fix my lost packets issue by the way but it appears I never have any issue with it because I uploaded a 600MB file 2 days ago, at the same time trying to download minecraft, and the 600MB file has been downloaded and enjoyed by 22 people now.

12. Offline

Yurikoma

are server side custom items textures and monsters available yet. because i would really like to be able to create items monsters and textures on my server that other people can see and use when connect?

13. Offline

Afforess

Yep. You can set custom textures on entities and items already.

14. Offline

jalle1997

Is there a guide to installs Spout?

15. Offline

Mukrakiish

Simply drop the "spout.jar" plugin into your servers plugin directory.

If you want to use the client side of spout, download spoutcraft auto-updater and run it (either the jar or exe). It will download all necessary things, and you simply connect to your server using that front end instead of the generic one.

16. Offline

jalle1997

Thank you

17. Offline

Gecko

Hi again! I have another (probably stupid) problem.

onInventoryClick(its not all method):

Code:
    InventorySlotType type = event.getSlotType();
            if(type == InventorySlotType.SMELTING) {
                if(li != null) {
                    if(li.getTypeId() != 0) {
                        if(!plugin.fractions.getPermission(user.getProfession()+".permissions.itemSmelt."+li.getTypeId())) {
                            //event.setResult(Result.DENY);
                            //event.setCancelled(true);
                            player.sendMessage(plugin.serverMessageText + " " + plugin.lang.get(user.getLang(), "smeltNoSkills"));
                            return;
                        }
                    }

}
            }
    And when I set "event.setResult(Result.DENY);" or "event.setCancelled(true);" player got to curosor item that he have in hand(player.getIteminHand()), but when selected slot is empty(getItemInHand().getTypeID()==0) it works fine and he got what he tried to put into furnance

@edit
    i tried to setCursor after setCancelled but it evokes errors

18. Offline

Afforess

onInventoryClick cancelling is broken in the RB. Grab a development build and try again. Well be updating everyone to 1.0.7 in a few days with a lot more fixes.

19. Offline

Gecko

20. Offline

Yurikoma

I meant create new ones, like lets say i want to add bears, or snakes, but i still want to keep the other monsters

If there is something that can help with this out there, could you please link it here, because i have been searching for days now, and still not found anything that actually affects the whole server, and not just the 1 person

21. Offline

Wulfspider

All the links are on our dev.bukkit.org pages. You should figure out why you are getting packet loss though.

Yup, we are going to be making our own like I said.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  22. Is the new height limits for server terrain generation going to be added ?

23. Offline

RGadelha

SC build #479, please, what is that binds.yml that cannot be found?

Edit:
    Oh, I see, plug-in controls?
    SpoutCraft is getting super interesting :cool:
    I've created an empty binds.yml, java is so gaudy, it throws a 13 lines stacktrace just because a file is missing :rolleyes:

24. Offline

Afforess

Thanks for the report - we'll fix it. :p

25. Offline

CTip

....makes an awsome plugin not work T.T

26. Offline

Stales89

Ok moderately annoyed now. For the pas HOUR I have been running the launcher... downloading the update... the update freezes some way in... restart the client... download the update... updeatee freezes some way in... REPEAT UNTIL ANGRY.

It isn't like this for normal Minecraft so what gives? Why does it keep stopping half way and I have to restart the client EVERY TIME?

Is there a way to just add all the files in a rar and send them to me? much easier...

27. Offline

Wulfspider

No, nobody can share a pre-modded minecraft.jar legally. As stated before, all the files are able to be downloaded manually from our Jenkins or one of our mirrors. The links are all on our dev.bukkit.org pages.

28. Offline

Stales89

That's not what I was getting at. I have the launcher... I click login... it pops up saying would you like to update... I click yes and wait for the bar which ALWAYS freezes between halfway and near the end of the download. I actually cant use the client because of this. I Don't want to manually install it I just want the files... Why does my launcher freeze up ALL THE TIME?

29. Offline

Wulfspider

Does it freeze on the same part? Our main host has been under a heavy load, but it should hasn't really had any problems today though. Could you try pinging ci.getspout.org using your command line and seeing if there is any loss or issues?

You would have to manually install as we can't just give you all the files (which includes minecraft.jar) pre-patched.

30. Offline

RGadelha

@Wulfspider
    At the end of this journey, you'll be sanctified ;)
    I've never knew a dev so gentle, so patient like you, really :)

31. I guess you don't consider deities to be developers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.