Inactive [DEV] SpoutPlugin - Unleash the flow of endless possibilities [1.0-1.3.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SpoutDev, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpoutDev

In order to centralize support of our legacy projects, we will no longer be providing support on Bukkit. Please use www.spout.org for support with our projects going forward.

2. Offline

rimevel

If you implement the water shader into spout could you make it optional? Some people actually prefer the pixelish water ;O
    Other than that I got to say this is probably one of most important and useful plugins for bukkit.
    Keep up the good work!

3. Offline

Patdue

I have a problem with the spoutcraft auto updater. I can start it and it asks me if i want to download a new version of Minecraft. As soon as the download is finished i get an error in opening zip file.
    Can someone help me? ;-)

4. Offline

Wulfspider

It would be an option in the settings.

Could you give us the error message?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  5. Offline

Gecko

Hi, i want to use Spout in my plugin but i got error and cant find how to resolve it and what im doing wrong ;/
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\RPGPlugin.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:173)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:138)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:103)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:136)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/getspout/spoutapi/event/inventory/InventoryListener
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at gecko.rpgplugin.RPGPlugin.<init>(RPGPlugin.java:44)
        ... 13 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.getspout.spoutapi.event.inventory.InventoryListener
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        ... 27 more

6. Offline

Wulfspider

Are you even running Spout? What builds are you using?

7. Offline

Patdue

Error in opening zip file.

EDIT:Now it works, don't know why but it works :D
    Awsome Plugin!

8. Offline

Mikhos

Just wanted to thank you all for the hard work you put into 1.8.1.
    Spout gets better every day.
    <3

9. Offline

Gecko

CraftBukkit: 1185
    Spout Server Plugin: 1.0.6.381

10. Offline

Wulfspider

11. Offline

Gecko

sorry, maybe im moron, how can this help me :(
    i want to handle onInventoryClick and onInventoryCraft events

thanks for patient

12. Offline

Schlumpf

Hello,
    I got the texture in the folder texturepacks and just there. I havent it under .minecraft/spoutcraft, I got it just under .miencraft/texturepacks

13. Any way of adding an height mod to spout, like 256 or 512 ?

14. Offline

Gecko

I have it:
    Code:
    import gecko.rpgplugin.RPGPlugin;

import net.minecraft.server.FurnaceRecipes;

import org.bukkit.Material;
    import org.bukkit.event.Event;
    import org.bukkit.event.Event.Priority;
    import org.bukkit.event.Event.Result;
    import org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager;
    import org.getspout.spoutapi.event.inventory.InventoryClickEvent;
    import org.getspout.spoutapi.event.inventory.InventoryCraftEvent;
    import org.getspout.spoutapi.event.inventory.InventorySlotType;

public class RPGPluginInventoryListener extends org.getspout.spoutapi.event.inventory.InventoryListener{
        private RPGPlugin plugin;

public RPGPluginInventoryListener (RPGPlugin instance) {
            plugin = instance;
        }

public void registerEvents() {
            PluginManager pm = plugin.getServer().getPluginManager();
            pm.registerEvent(Event.Type.CUSTOM_EVENT, this, Priority.Highest, plugin);
        }

public void onInventoryCraft(InventoryCraftEvent event) {
            //
        }

public void onInventoryClick(InventoryClickEvent event) {
            //
        }
    }

and i got this error: Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/getspout/spoutapi/event/inventory/InventoryListener
    when start server

15. Offline

Wulfspider

SabbyKat likes this.
  16. Offline

misutaanime

Me and other people on our server keep running into an out of memory issue with spout craft, I allocated it more ram 2 gigs and still the same problem. I am sure it may be one of the other plugins that utilizes spout that is causing issues and I plan on going through the list just curious if anyoneelse was having this problem as well.

17. Do you have your plugin set with Spout as a dependency so Spout gets loaded first?

18. Offline

Gecko

Thank you! I'm so stupid ;/

19. Offline

Vas

my isp likes blocking random things then blame DNS. :p it loaded now.

20. Offline

Wulfspider

The URLs it links to do not always load too due to heavy use.

21. Offline

Pamelloes

Is there a way to prevent a popup from being closed?

22. Offline

M4xwellou

I tried the water shader by Necrowizzard.
    Beautiful ! But... Gosh, what a pain for the FPS...
    With a i7 at 2,93 gHz
    ATI Radeon 5750 and 8G of ram (with2g allocated to Minecraft), I barely managed to get 20-25 FPS by setting the open gl & smooth lightning to off !

Hope that'll change with Spout :p

23. Offline

gamerguy14

Just one small question.

In the InventoryClickEvent event, what is the difference between the getSlot() method and the getRawSlot() method?

24. I believe that is based on the Minecraft packet number 103 which has a "slot" parameter which is inconsistent between inventory windows. The raw slot is the slot indicated in the packet, while the other (not raw) slot is converted to make things a little less all-over-the-place.

25. Offline

Mikhos

Show Spoiler

2011-09-26 23:04:29 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to Spout java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.TileEntity.f()Lnet/minecraft/server/Packet; at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.sendChunkTiles(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:702) at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.playerTeleported(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:725) at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.updateActiveChunks(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:568) at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.queueOutputPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:459) at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.sendPacket(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:450) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.teleport(NetServerHandler.java:426) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:391) at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.updateNetServerHandler(SpoutCraftPlayer.java:851) at org.getspout.spout.SpoutPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(SpoutPlayerListener.java:47) at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244) at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58) at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338) at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:126) at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:116) at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:34) at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:94) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374) at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417) 2011-09-26 23:04:29 [INFO] New max size: 484 2011-09-26 23:04:29 [INFO] New max size: 784 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.TileEntity.f()Lnet/minecraft/server/Packet; 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.sendChunkTiles(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:702) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.manageChunkQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:663) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:577) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417) 2011-09-26 23:04:30 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.TileEntity.f()Lnet/minecraft/server/Packet; at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.sendChunkTiles(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:702) at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.manageChunkQueue(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:663) at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:577) at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126) at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226) at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92) at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374) at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

What am I doing wrong this time?
    cb 1185
    spout 1.0.6 381

EDIT: I've tried disabling all of my spout plugins besides spout itself.... but no dice.

... my error might be stemming from broken essential plugins...

Thanks in advance.

26. Offline

Lanphrost

Alright, so I think I just found a major problem with certain blocks updating in SSP after installing Spoutcraft client manually, farmland near water wouldn't hydrated and crops won't grow beyond the state they're planted in. Also, monsters won't spawn except from spawners, so there's that too.... any word on this problem?

27. Offline

Afforess

Redownload the latest development builds of Spout, and try again.

I don't have any of those issues, monsters spawn, crops and trees grow, etc.

Do you have any way to replicate this?

Build versions?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  28. Offline

BrickedKeyboard

One problem with the general concept : aren't new recipes added to the game at load time? Same with textures, etc? I understand that the idea of spoutcraft is to be able to add new content to the client using assets downloaded from the server without a restart.

Which is another issue : what about custom rendering code? The most impressive mods for minecraft available use custom rendering code to draw things not supported in the vanilla engine.

A much simpler implementation would be that a server will be able to push to the client any .class files needed for client mods. Even base classes are permitted to be overwritten except for the base classes that Spoutcraft itself depends upon.

The .class files would go in a separate folder specific to that server. Once the files are ready, and the md5 checksums check out, spoutcraft would close minecraft, create a custom jar file, and relaunch the game, connecting directly to the server IP. The relaunched version of the game would not be able to exit back to the main menu - disconnecting from the server would cause spoutcraft to put back the original jar file and restart.

29. Offline

Afforess

Nope. Recipes can already be added server side with bukkit.

Textures can be loaded at any time. Just check out mcMMO for their custom XP bars and images.

We already support custom rendering of blocks and items atm, we just don't have a fully unified way to create a new separate block...yet.

I'm afraid you've just been mislead by existing client mods. None of those things need to be added at load time, anything can be set and changed on the fly. Just look at how we can set and change texture packs mid game, from any url.

This topic has already been discussed, and we explained our reasons in details, I suggest you read up:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/spout-vs-itemcraft-vs-modloadermp-or-new-clientutility.37652/

That's bad, you should NEVER ever be losing packets. I get perfect responses, even with my crappy apartment internet. Lost packets means that the files will corrupt in the transfers and fail.

No, obfuscated code will be off limits. Our API is not intending to mimic Forge, but Bukkit's, to build on bukkit's success here and fix any of the few rare mistakes they did make in their API. You are free to browse the API on github, much of it has already been laid out, just needs implementing. Every class will have an API wrapper for security and extensibility reasons, just as bukkit does, but there will be no way to get at obfuscated methods.

I realize my reply is insufficient, however, it's 1 am here. We are regularly in #spout on Esper and would be more than happy to chat with you tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.