[dev needed] ChunkProtection plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jeff.Halbert, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jeff.Halbert

I spent about 3 weeks non stop writing a plugin that protects chunks without the use of commands for a "close-to-vanilla" server idea. BUT my code seems to be unefficient. I'm looking for a dev to look over my entire code (6 classes with about 800-1000 lines of code combined) and tell me where I'm going wrong. If any experienced dev could proof read my book, I would for ever be in your debt. :) (so cliche)

If you're interested , please reply

2. Offline

Korvacs

If you PM me your code i can take a look when i get some time, though im not experienced in Java really.

3. I can also look

4. Offline

codename_B

5. Offline

teetor

Wait what... i though u used 2 have a tag...? ( Like the Mod or Admin tag... )

6. Offline

ZachBora

They removed the "awesome" tag :(

Jeff.Halbert 3 weeks to protect chunks seems like a lot of time, surely your code does more than that

7. Offline

Jeff.Halbert

well yeah. it stores all the data from the plugin into a mysql database. to claim a chunk, you just place a fence. to unclaim, you break a fence (in the chunk) while holding a stick. to add a member to your chunk (while in the chunk) you hit the other player with a stick. there is a config.yml that allows server admin to decide on a couple grief protections I've implemented (allowFire, allowBucketFill, allowCreeperExplosion, etc.) as well as put in their information for their sql database. there is also a permissions system where plugin.user can use the plugin, plugin.mod overrides building restrictions, and plugin.admin has a small array of commands at their disposal. the only commands in game are allowed by admin, and they include (deleting chunks, deleting members from chunks, showing owner of chunks, showing members of chunks). I think I covered the most of it, if not all....

I don't know much about git, but i did manage to upload the jar at
    https://github.com/GBCsubspec/ChunkProtection.git

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.