Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

ACStache

Spout isn't in alpha anymore, and will be continually improved. This is now done being developed/fixed.

3. Offline

Clucky

Why is this spamming up my console???

Code:
    16:44:20 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:21 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:23 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:24 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:25 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:26 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:30 [SEVERE] Player: pieking19 was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:33 [SEVERE] Player: pieking19 was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:47 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:48 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:44:59 [SEVERE] Player: TravisSOS was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:09 [SEVERE] Player: TravisSOS was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:13 [SEVERE] Player: TravisSOS was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:18 [SEVERE] Player: TravisSOS was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:24 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:24 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler cannot be cast to org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.getNetServerHandler(ContribCraftPlayer.java:494)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(ContribPlayerListener.java:69)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:553)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    16:45:26 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:26 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler cannot be cast to org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler
        at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.getNetServerHandler(ContribCraftPlayer.java:494)
        at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(ContribPlayerListener.java:69)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
    16:45:27 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:27 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    16:45:29 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:29 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    16:45:31 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:31 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    16:45:33 [SEVERE] Player: Micronique was not properly updated during login!
    16:45:33 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    >

It was fine up until the point when it auto updated...

Btw, is the first part your plugins doing? where it says they weren't updated? If not, tell me, because I need to continue searching.

4. Offline

ACStache

are you using Spout? if you are, get rid of bukkitcontrib. Spout is the new version of bukkitcontrib, and this is no longer being supported. Also make sure you update all plugins using bukkitcontrib to the versions that now run Spout

5. Offline

Clucky

Unless BukkitContrib automatically downloaded, im pretty sure im not using Spout... But i'll check.

6. Offline

alfw

You can't use any other mods if you install the client side mod?

7. Offline

heeelp4

doez this need the bukkitcontrib sp mod now?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  8. Offline

Clucky

It is fixed now... Idk how... I deleted GroupCraft which was autodownloading BukkitContrib after that was removed, it worked perfectly fine =)

9. Offline

Axiz

How do we get skins?

10. Why are people still asking questions about BukkitContrib?

11. Offline

ultimak

You probably cant read, thats ok, reading can be hard for people. If you were to read at all you would know bukkitcontrib is in the inactive plugins section and is now dead in favor of spout, its direct successor. But I guess you can go on not reading or comprehending at all.

12. Offline

Trc202

Don't expect support for Bukkitcontrib, no one is going to give it.

13. Offline

alta189

You make absolutely no sense

14. What language are you speaking?

15. Offline

Wulfspider

1. We no longer support BukkitContrib as it is now Spout.
    2. You clearly broke your client through using conflicting client mods.
    3. Are itching to be reported.
    4. Make barely any sense.

16. Offline

TQuin

Edit: The following message isn't a rant/gripe about Spout so much as a helpful suggestion for making Spout more user-friendly.

I can confirm better mod compatability with BukkitContrib than Spout. I'm actually a modest mod user and prefer only mods that don't alter the core gameplay too much (no new bloacks/items) but there are a few I simply have grown accustomed to and can't live without. With 1.8 released and adding great new features, it looks like I'll be dropping support for BukkitContrib/Spout completely from my server, which is a shame. Previously, I had my users installing a few compatible client mods on top of BukkitContrib to add to the theme of my server, and the functionality was very interdependent and critical to our RP system. I guess I'll need to figure something else out now.

Perhaps if you provided a Spout Lite branch, you might be able to please a few of us who are having problems. I know invasive mods like Optifine being included cause real compatability problems with other mods. Also, I'm aware of the Spout team's position on ModLoader, but until an appropriate substitution is developed, you'll never gain the support of mod users who rely on it. Again, a Spout Lite client option would be a good solution for this.

To give you an idea of what features should be retained (and keep in mind, my perspective is limited to use on my own RP server, so do seek supplemental feedback elsewhere), player and display name aliasing, texture pack per world, scripted music for configured areas, music commands using http protocol, and player skins based on name, to name a few, would be preferable features to retain for a Spout Lite client option while avoiding inclusion of other mods that impact performance or functionality. This way, server hosts can build custom spout clients with their choice of mods included and required for their own specific servers. Keep in mind that in the case of hosts with private servers they're likely to know the system specs of their participants and can make an informed decisions about which performance enhancing mods to require or not require for participation on their server.

17. Offline

Top_Cat

You obviously havn't understood spout's concept. Supporting existing client mods defeats the object.

18. Offline

TQuin

And supporting Spout's concept defeats the object of my server. Clearly, you haven't understood my concept or that of the many others who agree. I'm not suggesting spout be changed. I simply feel that spout's goals are too lofty at present and they lead to the exclusion of a significantly large group, otherwise you wouldn't have people griping about incompatibility. An acceptable compromise would be to have a branch from this project in the interim until the Spout project is fully realized.

Don't be so defensive. I'm not trying to challenge your ideals. I'd just like to help expand your perspective.

19. Offline

alta189

LOL Making spout compatible with other client mods would take longer than it would for us to finish our own client API.

20. Offline

Afforess

No. Keep pressing the issue and you will not get any responses.

21. Offline

TQuin

Then I'm going to have to drop Spout from my server. I realize you probably don't care, but you should. There's a significant amount of people who feel the same way. If there weren't, people wouldn't be asking about it. By issuing a blanket "No. Shut the fuck up and quit asking." response, you're not only driving people away, but you're also ensuring that when someone does build a client plugin that does the things Spout does with better client mod compatibility, it will instantly replace your plugin as the standard server-client framework. In short, thanks for nothing. Don't bother with a response that I won't read. I'm done with you assholes.

22. Herp derp.
    Oh, and have you taken a look at SpoutCraft's source? Go figure why it's not compatible with most other client mods...

23. So when Spoutcraft's final working version comes out...

It will replace Spoutcraft's current version.

Good to know!

24. Offline

Afforess

Reported for flaming.

25. Offline

Phaedrus

Infraction given.

26. Offline

Dem1an

this plugin updated for bukkit1185 ?

27. Offline

Trc202

No this version is not in development. You want spout.

28. Offline

Dem1an

Bad... very bad. I need plugin for cape,skins and titles ... but "spout" has big options... i need a small plugin.

Spout demands its client or may be installed any client for server?
    ...or need install "special" patch?

Sorry for my english. I from russia and bad speak english)

29. Offline

Wulfspider

Spout and BukkitContrib is just an API and does none of what you want on its own. You would have to use a plugin with it to give you the capes, skins, and titles such as SpoutEssentials. Being as BukkitContrib is no longer supported (old version of Spout before name change), you'd be better off using Spout and a plugin such as SpoutEssentials.

You need the Spoutcraft client mod to be able to see any changes. You can't have the custom items without the client mod. Same goes for BukkitContrib.

30. Offline

Dem1an

Ok.
    I dont want use SpoutClient. I can use patch from Spout for my client or no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.