Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

Afforess

I contacted the author over a week ago, with no response. The source code is a mess. My hands are tied. I can try to implement the most important features myself, but that's all I can offer.

3. Offline

phaed

That would be awesome :D

4. Offline

Afforess

I was hoping you could let me know exactly what those features are. I don't use it myself. ;)

5. Offline

Wulfspider

I guess I could just use yours and figure out how to use it. One less client mod. :)

I'm just trying to figure out an easier way for friends and players who don't know much about these things to be able to install SP mods that I have been testing with and keeping them updated automatically.

phaed likes this.
  6. Offline

phaed

Main Features:

Cursor Mechanics - Left/Right moves cursor though text, Home key to beginging of line, End key to end of line, Backspace deletes before the cursor, Delete deletes after the cursor
    Selection Mechanics - Shift-Left/Right/Home/End selects text
    Clipboard Mechanics - Ctrl-C (copy), Ctrl-V (paste), Ctrl-X(cut), Shift-Insert(paste), Shift-Delete(cut). Copies/Cuts selection, pastes in cursor position.
    Command History - Up and Down Arrows to scroll through past commands/messages
    Chat History - PageUp scrolls up the chat, PageDown scrolls it down. Mouse wheel lets you scroll freely.

Extras:

Chat entry is split into two lines, chat entry no longer runs off-screen
    Ability to clear chat history with some keyboard key
    Disable and re-enable chat with some keyboard keys
    Colors in text &<n>
    Aliases

7. Offline

Afforess

Alright, all of that seems do-able. Expect it in 0.1. ;)

IceReaper likes this.
  8. Offline

phaed

Awesome! Can't wait :D.

Edit: Just noticed you ninja'd me while I was updating and reformatting the post. Added a few more things in there, most notably Selection Mechanics, that would be needed for the Clipboard Mechanics. ;)

9. Offline

captainawesome7

You know, I almost asked for help because playCustomMusic wasn't working for me.. then I realized that my music volume was set to 0 :/
    Thanks for a great plugin afforess :)

Redyugi and narrowtux like this.
  10. Offline

Wulfspider

Also, had the idea of being able to display a mini flag for each user next to their player name in chat depending on where GeoIP located them at. Perhaps just the ability to display images from URLs.

11. Offline

Kane

How well does this bundle with a jar? I have yet to try it yet but is it all inside the jar or is parts of it must be set outside. AKA distributing the client is illegal. But of course this is to my cluster of local PC's :p

Anyways lmao just getting to the point is it all within the jar? Also how well does it work with the common mods out there?

Examples:
    Modloader, Improved Chat 2.4.6, Zan's Minimap, InfinitiesLoop ControlPack 2.3, CTM, Dynamic Lighting,

Modloader, Improved Chat 2.4.6, Optifog+Optimine F HD, Zan's Minimap, InfinitiesLoop ControlPack 2.3

These 2 are the biggest most our players use now.

12. Offline

Wulfspider

You just need to check to see if there are any class files that conflict. As I mentioned earlier, AudioMod has one class file that conflict with BukkitContrib and I think the minimap mod might as well and I know for certain that Optimine conflicts.

13. Offline

Meiun

look literally 4 posts above yours for statements about improved chat compatability.
    anyhow good to hear that from afforess. would be another good selling point of bukkitcontrib clientside i think.

i dont know about common mods but i havent had a problem with hd texture fix, mod loader, world edit cui and iirc not with dynamic lighting but that i cant say for sure there.
    glsl has conflicting class files and from what i understand wont ever be supported.
    optimine isnt compatible iirc, or it might have been optifog

anyhow try anything you cant find in the and make sure to post it.
    if no one else compiles an actual list i will in like 12 hours or so.

14. Offline

IceReaper

when the gui will be released, and also the chat gets improved, its getting totaly awesome :)
    i think / hope it should be possible then to add a second quickbar on the top which can hols spells for mage classes (its simply a rendering) and capturing the F1-12 keys to cast them :D

15. Offline

Afforess

Once BukkitContrib 0.1 is released, Improved Chat and Optimine/Optifog will be obsolete. BukkitContrib 0.1 get's better performance than Optimine does. It will already have improved chat's features. You can install Zan's minimap, just make sure you install it before BukkitContrib.

I don't distribute clients, you can see on the OP I have 2 download links. 1 for the server plugin, 1 for the client class files.

I expect that this will be possible eventually with more GUI code, but not right away.

Okay. ;)

Yep. I have simple text widgets working 100%, as well as custom textures (e.g png files) working now too. On to buttons, tonight.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  16. Offline

Kane

Sweet I can't wait. Thanks for doing this and thanks for adding things into it. This will make players really happy. Rather then try to make it compatible just add all the features in haha bad ass your going become number one!

17. Offline

BloodyDie

how install it for user ?

18. Offline

SwearWord

@Afforess
    This is truly beautiful work.
    Is it possible to have a permanent download link? I currently link to this post for my users so they can always get the most current version, but all the illiterate ones (99% of them) keep asking me which download.

19. Offline

AxelBrito

Hi dude. I have downloaded this plugin and i dont know how can i use it :/ help!!

20. Which, the client or server version? And what exactly are you wanting to use it for?

It's basically a framework that other plugins use, it doesn't do anything on its own that I know of.

21. Offline

phaed

I would also throw in Ctrl-A (select all), and Ctrl-Z (undo) for good measure.

22. Offline

Meiun

well all of the mods i was going to test were mentioned here. anything anyone wants me to test or add to a compiled compatibility list?

23. Offline

Afforess

That would be handy.

Known notes:
    Zan's Minimap must be installed before BukkitContrib
    Incompatible with Improved Chat & Optimine/Optifog & Audiomod

24. Offline

ENDG4MER

I installed this mod into a clean minecraft.jar. Now every time I connect to my server, I instantly disconnect with end.of.stream errors. Same thing with a friend's clean minecraft.jar. Any idea what could be causing it?

EDIT: Found the culprit. When plugins are removed completely, can connect just fine. Instant BukkitContrib is added as a plugin, error is received. Going to try reinstalling the plugin, but could this be a conflict with SimpleServer?

EDIT 2: No dice. Every time anyone connects to the server with both the server plugin and client mod active, with nothing else, I get end.of.stream errors. Specifically, the log error is "java.io.IOException: Unable to parse unknown PlayerStream packet 0xffffffc3 for player endg4mers (after 0x3). Anyone have any suggestions?

25. Offline

Afforess

That is probably because simple server blocks packet 195. BukkitContrib uses a custom network packet to send all the data between the clients & server, that MC does not normally use. It's only used when both server & client are using BukkitContrib, to avoid problems. I'd bet a lot of money that SimpleServer blocks all unknown packets for safety reasons. Perhaps you could contact the author and let him know. If he has questions, direct him to this thread.

26. Offline

ENDG4MER

So I need to dump SimpleServer to get this working for now... I'll send a message that way.

27. Offline

Afforess

Just send the message. Considering that this will break tomorrow, I would not bother setting this up. Wait for 0.1 in a few days. ;)

28. Offline

ENDG4MER

Do you know of any server wrappers that do work with this? Or, will you be able to get around SimpleServer in 0.1?

29. Offline

Afforess

IDK... I'll try to contact the simpler server modder and get around it.

30. Offline

ENDG4MER

31. Offline

MojoManagement

1.7.x broke BukkitContrib?

log (open)

16:47:18 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.createInventory(ContribCraftPlayer.java:343)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:73)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:482)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(ContribPlayerListener.java:24)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getInventoryFromContainer(ContribNetServerHandler.java:377)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getActiveInventory(ContribNetServerHandler.java:74)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:129)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet101CloseWindow.a(SourceFile:16)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    16:47:49 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getInventoryFromContainer(ContribNetServerHandler.java:377)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getActiveInventory(ContribNetServerHandler.java:74)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:129)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet101CloseWindow.a(SourceFile:16)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.