Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

NathanWolf

@Affores- this sounds amazing. A couple of folks in the Magic thread keep pointing me here, and I am only just now getting a chance to look.

I want two things, very very badly, for Magic- always have:

1. Key bindings
    2. Custom UI
    It sounds like I can definitely do #1 here, and maybe even a little of number 2?

I can just imagine.... giving the player back their inventory, but still having the Wand work with icons? You'd make my day/month/year, buddy!

I want to look at this much more closely, but if you have time and want to PM me about it, that'd be rad.

You rock, as always :)

3. Offline

Afforess

Looking at the source, I'd want to know what URL you gave as the parameter, as only a bad URL would throw a NPE.
    https://github.com/Afforess/BukkitC...trib/player/SimpleAppearanceManager.java#L289

The only custom GUI ATM are custom "Achievement Get" notifications, however, I'm writing a simple GUI library ATM, and later on will have a more advanced one that allows for remote code execution on the client.
    Anyway, if you do decide to add support (which I recommend! Custom sound effects rock too!), let me know if you hit any snags. I plan on releasing a tutorial plugin for the custom GUI code.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  4. Offline

alta189

5. Offline

Afforess

Hmm. Lets look at this logically:
    • Url.length() will only throw a NPE if Url == null.
    • Url.substring will throw a NPE if Url == null, or if the substring is out of range
    • String.equalsIgnoreCase will only throw a NPE if Url == null
    I'm not at my dev computer - can you test what the result of your string is when you do url.substring(url.length() - 4, url.length())?

6. Offline

alta189

Its ".png" I will look through and try to see if its is not accidentally passing a null.

7. Offline

Afforess

Yeah, that's really all I can see. Although, looking at my code, I did assume all url's would be > 4 in length. :D

alta189 likes this.
  8. Hay

I have a problem with playing sound on the client.

When I call BukkitContrib.getSoundManager().playCustomMusic(...) I get the notification on clientside and I have the file in the BukkitContribMusicCache-folder but I can't hear anything.

Is there anything special arround the ogg files??

9. Offline

FireFreak111

Optimine and Optifog both clash with your client mod.

10. Offline

cronikkk

@Afforess
    How do you plan on doing the GUI?

11. Offline

Afforess

Yes, I recently found out. I'm planning on looking into their improvements and incorporating them.

Kind of a broad question, don't you think? What do you want to know, specifically?

Shouldn't be, I used a generic one I grabbed off the internet to test. Feel free to send me the link, and I'll test it out.

12. Offline

Kainzo

Is there a method to detect shift clicking?

13. Offline

Afforess

You detect the keys press, and not their release. So yes.

14. Offline

Kainzo

@RightLegRed may have been under the influence that we couldnt. It was causing more issues with crafting exp. We'll look into it.

15. Offline

Afforess

@Kainzo , already talked with him in chat. Got it ironed out. ;)

16. Offline

Kainzo

Rox0r.

17. Offline

narrowtux

@Afforess
    A client of me wanted to create new item-types, no real new item types, but custom labels when I set a new data-value on let's say a bow. So a bow with data=1 would be called "Compound Bow" and with data=2 "Fire Bow", for example.
    Does that work?

18. Offline

Afforess

See planned changes. ;)

19. Offline

narrowtux

I already seen that, but I thought I'd say that it should also be possible for data-values that aren't used in the game.

BTW: How's progress with the GUI?

20. Offline

cronikkk

@Afforess
    Sorry! What I ment to ask was, what size roughly is it going to be? Will it take the whole screen? Is it a customizable size? Just wondering.

21. Offline

Afforess

Customizable - to a point, ATM. So yes.

mbsuperstar1 likes this.
  22. Offline

Andrew1431

I'm sorry can someone make this clear to me? Does this allow for clientside mods on an online server? like flymod?

23. Offline

Afforess

Okay, and Good. ;)

Did you read the OP? What wasn't clear?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

24. Offline

IceReaper

when i try "((ContribCraftPlayer)event.getPlayer()).getVersion()" i always get -1 as version, even when having the client-mod enabled. do i something wrong?

25. Offline

alta189

Its ((ContribPlayer)event.getPlayer()).getVersion()

26. Offline

IceReaper

still -1 :(

27. Offline

Styx Reborn

Yay, 0.1 soon?

28. Offline

Afforess

Without seeing the code, I can't tell what's going wrong. It works fine - I use it in BukkitContrib already.

Anyway, do any of the other controls work? Try setting your fog level to tiny for example.

Hopefully. ;)

29. Offline

Styx Reborn

Only planning custom gui stuff for 0.0.8? :(

30. Offline

Andrew1431

Sorry I meant:

Things like PortalGun mod, its just a singleplayer mod but does this bukkitcontrib allow for singleplayer mods to be used in multiplayer?

Is there a list of mods that work with this, or does this come with mods or what like how I get capes ? P: thats in the OP xD

Here is what I'm trying to find in the long run: Where do you install the client side mod to make it so everyone gets the mod?

31. Offline

IceReaper

setting the fog doesnt work either. i deleted my minecraft.jar, redownloaded it, opened it, deleted the meta-inf folder, and put all files from you .zip into it. still does not work. i am sure the client is setup right. i am also sure the server is setup right. it would crash if not i guess.
    Code:
    public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
        this.log.info("V " + ((ContribPlayer)event.getPlayer()).getVersion());
    }

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.