Solved Default Setting Changed?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by grant1222, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

grant1222

Hey this might seem like a very nooby and stupid question but I changed the name of my Default group on my Permissions, and I was wanting to know if that might have changed the Default group. It still has the Permissions.build: false, as usual but is there another setting in the Permissions.yml file that has to be changed if the default name is changed?

I really don't know how to test this myself unless I got a new player to join the server that isn't already. Also is there a way to change the settings so that instead of a player starting out as a default they start out as a builder for example? Thanks...

2. Offline

c0mp

That would depend on which Permissions plugin you're using.

3. Offline

grant1222

I'm not at my server computer right now but I'm pretty sure I'm using permissionsbukkit.

4. Offline

c0mp

Unless something's changed in the newer versions, the default group is *always* called default. Even if you've changed the name of the default group, and there is no group called 'default' in your plugins/PermissionsBukkit/config.yml file, new users that are not already defined in that file will still get added to the 'default' group. Now, whether they don't get *any* permissions, or basic permissions, I do not know. It may do some weird things. You may want to add the default group back to your config.yml file.

5. Offline

grant1222

Okay thanks for that. I'll experiment a little.

6. Offline

grant1222

Thanks for the help dude I figured it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.