Default Players cant do some commands

Discussion in 'General Help' started by xWaterMellon, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xWaterMellon

Hello, i need help with essentials or permissions ex or group manager. When default players join the server they cant do /kits and /warps. I also dont know how to set prefixes, and also set so only donators get their ranks and their own commands.

2. Offline

Boomer

1) Make sure you have the right essentials files for your server - if 1.7.x, they are 2.13 versions, if 1.8.x, they are Team Velocity versions from a jenkins server jar list (google "1.8 spigot essentials")

2) take a look at the list of permission nodes - some things like kits and warps are complex, needing multiple different nodes given to make a command work - ie, one to use the command, one to use the command and get a list, one to use any , one to use specific ones - having the command is not enough, permission must tell what way to use /warp - to just get a list, to use just specific ones, to have all access... same with kit)
    http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Command_Reference/Perm toggle from that to command guide and command guide can show the clumps of nodes required for features.

permission nodes are just the text bits that act like a piece of id to flash at the server

Its only the second most fundamental part of what PEX or GM are all about.
    Read up on the pex wiki site or gm wiki site. PEX might be easier to learn with clearer tutorials and a gazillion tutorials online. Investment of your time to research and learn is a requirement on the matter

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
  3. Offline

xWaterMellon

Ok, after i did everything you have told me, it still will not let me i do not know why :(
    @Boomer

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

5. Offline

Boomer

restart (not /reload) your server, then put your latest.log file onto www.pastebin.com, post the link here.
    Do the same with whatever permission file you have created.
    And the same with your essentials config.yml file, so i can see the kit definitions and such

And I do mean LOG FILE - not "this section that is incomlete that i copied out of the tail-end of the console display"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
  6. Offline

xWaterMellon

7. Offline

Boomer

Disguisecraft and Avertiserblocker need to go - they're badly broken, busted with the server build version you have.
    I see you are using a program called KitsPreview, but i also see from the permissions attempts to use kits called Mortal and such, which are in your essential config, so im going to work forward based on the assumption that essentials is where you are defining the kits to be used, and using essentials /kit command - and whatever the other plugin is, does not have its own kit definitions or /kit commands - if it does have a/kit command, then that may be the reason this isn't working - essentials defers commands to other plugins.

However, there are some conflicting pieces of information here

1) Your permissions file is HORRIBLY broken, yet the server isn't throwing any alarms
    It was SO badly broken, instead of listing all the errors (which included many many missing : (colins) after group names, section names; spacing issues being too few or too many with some group names and data blocks; a few missing quote marks on your prefixes and suffixes, and a few instances of not having a space after the colin in build: true for example entries) I just went and fixed them all until the file parsed.
    http://pastebin.com/SXTyHHkm

But the fact that the server log doesn't make a peep about this file being so bad, and doesn't display thousands of lines of errors from all the other plugins not being able to work due to PEX being disabled, tells me that this file might not actually be your permissions.yml file from the PermissionsEx folder in plugins...

2) Assuming that the (formatted) file would be read by your server, lets look at all the nodes assocated with kits:
    - essentials.kit
    - essentials.kit.list
    - essentials.kit.Mortal
    - essentials.kits
    - essentials.kit.Mortal
    - essentials.signs.use.kit

Thats from the mortal group.
    According to the links I provided for essentials nodes, for kits you need: essentials.kit for the command to work , yes, you have it. And essentials.kits.kitname ... which you dont have, you have essentials.kit.kitname, which is not the node format. essentials.kits also doesn't mean anything - you use essentials.kits.* to add all kits, or not at all.

But your log is a total mystery - nothing adds up. Unless this file made pex too scared to even bother whimpering about all the problems, it just ran away.. something is very un-right with your server.

now that i think about it, that ... might have been a groupmanager groups.yml file?? Which would explain why, if you removed the plugin, and the data file was still present, you would not have it throwing errors on the server, it is ignored.. and if your real pex permission file is blank, or minimal and correct in whatever it is, not showing any problems in the server.

You have to be certain about what you're sharing when asking for help, we can't check over your shoulders each time, and when things dont add up, we regret that we cant...

And the reason that the advertising plugin doesn't work is because you dont have the jar file in the plugins folder, you have a zip file containing the jar... I would put money on that. That plugin might be fine after all, when you remedy that.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  8. Offline

xWaterMellon

ok so i deleted disguisecraft and advertiser blocker, and im about to make my groupmanager groups.yml blank so then it should work? @Boomer

9. Offline

oceantheskatr

Replace your current groups.yml with this (@Boomer's fixed groups.yml file): http://pastebin.com/SXTyHHkm

Should work fine.

For the advertising plugin open the zip file and get the .jar file from that. Place that .jar file in the plugins directory.

10. Offline

Boomer

The concern here is that it SEEMS like you presented a groupmanager groups.yml file, yet your server shows that it was running PEX - if that was your PEX file, then the log should have been showing parsing errors, but did not.

And you are not running groupmanager in the log (which is good, you can't have both permission system JAR files on the server at the same time, they react like matter and antimatter with the rest of your server)

Use the file I fixed, but with the right plugin running, the file in the right location. ALL THAT DOES IS FIX THE YAML ERRORS
    The post made above about the actual nodes being used shows why your nodes aren't working when the permission system does work - you have the wrong format for the kit nodes, so you will also need to impliment those (very tiny) changes to your nodes to make it work.

Then pastebin your latest.log again after starting up, to ..prove.. what programs you are running, and what errors might be being generated again

oceantheskatr likes this.
  11. Offline

xWaterMellon

12. Offline

Boomer

"Replaced the groups.yml" ... so that WAS a groups.yml file that you origiinally had.

You are completely ignoring the rest of the information conveyed.... groups.yml file is a groupmanager file, for groupmanager. Your server log shows you running PEX - you can edit groups.yml until its a billion lines long and completely broken, and it will have zero effect on your server, if you are running pex and not groupmanager...

You need to remedy this situation, and then be able to determine if things are working.

13. Offline

xWaterMellon

But thats the thing, i do not know half the stuff in the files, this is the first time im doing them, i do not know how to remedy them.
    @Boomer

14. Offline

Boomer

One last time

PermissionsEx needs a permissions.yml file
    Groupmanager needs the groups.yml file

Whatever file you have, you need the right plugin to use that file.
    If permissionsEx is running, it will not look at your groupmanager file
    If groupmanager is running, it will not look at your PermissionsEx file

Pex will only load and use the permissionsex file in its folder
    Group manager will only load and use the groups/users yml files from its folder structures

If you want to see if your permission nodes work, you need to have the server startup with the appropriate permission-group plugin for the permission node file you are testing.

15. Offline

oceantheskatr

So remove PermissionsEx jar file and make sure you have GroupManager jar file in plugins folder then start your server and post latest.log.

16. Offline

xWaterMellon

17. Offline

oceantheskatr

18. Offline

xWaterMellon

19. Offline

oceantheskatr

You put the groups.yml in the config.yml didn't you... Copy all the groups in your groups.yml file, then delete the GroupManager folder and start your server. Stop the server, go to plugins>GroupManager>worlds>(Your world)>groups.yml and replace the text in there with your groups that you copied.

20. Offline

xWaterMellon

21. Offline

oceantheskatr

Seems to be an error parsing the groups.yml that @Boomer fixed up. Would you mind posting that too? As soon as that groups.yml is fixed you should be set.

22. Offline

xWaterMellon

Oh, im terribly sorry i have put the origianl file in the groups.yml, im very sorry :(, but now non default players can do anything/any command -_- idk what to do anymore :(
    @oceantheskatr
    here is the groups.yml
    http://pastebin.com/0tmvZhqE

23. Offline

oceantheskatr

24. Offline

xWaterMellon

Yes i did download the latest from the spigotmc and i checked @oceantheskatr

25. Offline

Boomer

Lost my internet for 20h, blah..

"Now non default users CAN do anything/commands?" ????
    Do you mean, they have access to commands you dont want them to have, or
    do you mean, they can't do anything?

Give some examples of what is not working correctly for you - and a fresh startup log sequence as well

26. Offline

xWaterMellon

After I have done everything you guys told me to, all default players can now do any command, but currently I'm on vacation so I cannot send any logs
    @Boomer

27. Offline

Boomer

so according to you, they can /mute, /kick and /fly .. despite there not being any permissions to do those commands in your default group. Only your moderator group should be able to do those commands.

Are you testing with opped players? Ops = ALL permission nodes no matter what rank...

28. Offline

xWaterMellon

Yes, i was testing it with unoped players and they could do any command they wished @Boomer

29. Offline

Boomer

Then I guess congratulations may be in order, because you'd have the only server in existance that uses permission nodes and yet gives wildcard privledge to everyone. You should just zip all the files on your server and put it up for sale on ebay as the unique thing it is.

Throw some proof up in the form of logs - have these nonopped default rank players issue the kick command with a message or mute command, the logs will confirm a player being kicked (provided the player being kicked isn't a wildcard holder, since that includes a kick-exempt node that prevents them from being kicked - so in theory, everyone you say can do any command such as /kick, despite the fact that your default users cant permission wise; if the are ops or wildcard permissions still being assigned somehow out of the ether, then really the command would work, but, wouldn't kick anyone due to the players all having unkickable status.

The otherwise other possibility is that you have added specific nodes to various players directly, so that despite whatever group they are in, their useracccount has specific nodes always - those will show in the users.yml file

You have to understand, you are making claims of extreme conditions that just can not exist under the given cirumstances unless there is missing information you have not provided, hence the 'proof or it didn't happen' approach - and if the proof does work, then the search for more information - such as the pastebinning of the users.yml as well

oceantheskatr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.