Solved Decompiling and Editing Craftbukkit

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by SirFaizdat, Aug 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SirFaizdat

I have recently gotten a request by a server I develop for to customize Bukkit. However I have been having a problem doing so. I have successfully gotten the CraftBukkit source from the Github repository and imported it using Maven. It successfully builds and runs a server. However, I need to edit code from the org.bukkit package (the Bukkit API code), and it seems to be missing. I went into pom.xml and noticed that it references the org.bukkit files from the external repository.

So here is my question. How can I use the edited org.bukkit code inside Craftbukkit? I have already compiled a jar of the edited code called bukkit.jar. Is there a way to reference a jar from Maven? Is there a different way to do this?

2. Offline

ZodiacTheories

3. Offline

SirFaizdat

I am working on a multiworld technology that allows each world to have its own plugins and plugin folder. I tried making a plugin for it, but couldn't quite get what I wanted.

4. Offline

Chiller

SirFaizdat Do you need to access private methods or overwrite craftbukkit code? Because if so then you can use reflection and inject code and such.

5. Offline

SirFaizdat

I need to overwrite Bukkit API code, and I do not have much experience with reflection

6. Offline

NathanWolf

7. Offline

SirFaizdat

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks for the answer. I'll go google how to do that now (I don't have much experience with Maven :D )

NathanWolf Thank you so much! It worked!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
    NathanWolf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.