Filled Death/Suicide Potion

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Williscool98, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Offline

Williscool98

Suggested Name: Death Potion

Features: Lets dead bushes (found in deserts, plus I don't know the actual name for them) have a 1/3 chance of being obtainable. These bushes can be brewed with water bottles in the into Death Potions. They... kill the person who drinks them, hence the name. Bet you didn't see that one coming, did you?:p Specifically, it would wait a few seconds after you drink it to kill you, just for added suspense.

Permissions: deathpotion.craft

When: By the end of the week.

2. Offline

Staartvin

I don't think you can add new potions to Minecraft via Bukkit. You can use a mundane potion, however, and give it the death effects.

EDIT: I'm trying to say that you can't add new potions to Minecraft via Bukkit. You can't create a new potion for flying with crafting recipe and special texture, etc. You can of course check when a certain potion is consumed and perform actions. This is not actually creating a new potion.

3. Offline

crushh87

I'm on it. At school now, will do it tonight.

Williscool98 likes this.
  4. Offline

Williscool98

crushh87 I look forward to seeing the result! :D

5. Offline

C0nsole

Just double or triple the effect of the instant damage potion. That will kill anyone I believe. Use the anvil feature to rename? The brewing I'm not so sure about though.

6. Offline

crushh87

Check when they consume the potion

Wait like 5 seconds

p.setHealth(0);

p.setDeathMessage

Tah dah

Who knew bukkit supported the Unused Potions, interesting.

Checking when they consume the potion is much harder than originally expected even had to call in the backup CubixCoders. Working on it now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  7. Offline

RingOfStorms

You'll have to do an interact event, it won't animate but you can use it on a right click. And then make sure to do all of the event.cancels (should be three in an interact event)

8. Offline

crushh87

I got it, it's actually
    hand.getType() == Material.POTION && hand.getDurability() == (short) 59

9. Offline

jorisk322

10. Offline

crushh87

11. Offline

jorisk322

I'm not sure how these two posts relate?

12. Offline

Williscool98

crushh87, are you still working on this? If so, when do you think it'll be done?

13. Offline

Staartvin

That is one way of doing it. But if you for instance take a potion of invisibilty, you should cancel out the other effects, rendering the potion of invisibility useless.

14. I'll take a crack at this. I was going to make a perkacola plugin, so I will just use dis. Unless Crush is already doing it.

15. Offline

crushh87

I'm using a Acdric Potion which is unobtainable unless you create a way to do so.

Almost done.

I can try to finish it up today, all I have to do is add some cool touch up things.

Williscool98 likes this.
  16. Offline

Williscool98

crushh87 Do you have have a working version of this done yet?

17. Offline

crushh87

Okay I'm done

The crafting recipe in a Crafting Bench is this

|EGG|EGG|EGG| ​
    |ROTTEN FLESH|GLASS BOTTLE|ROTTEN FLESH|​
    |SPIDER EYE|SPIDER EYE|SPIDER EYE|​
    I know you wanted Dead Bushes but that's not 'Deadly enough' ​

18. Offline

Williscool98

Thanks!

crushh87 Oh, can you change the glass bottle in the recipe to a water bottle?
    EDIT: Never mind, I'll try editing the code myself.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016