Dear All Plugin Dev's/Nice People!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by NeoSilky, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NeoSilky

Right, im sight of my new plugin, SocialCrafting, being released, I am adding new features, and i am asking if there are any ideas of any i should add, and if there are any good API's for their plugins/other plugins (eg. Economy plugins allow me to get players money and display it on their profile EDIT: DID SOME SEARCHING AND WILL BE USING REGISTER, THE ECONOMY API!) Let me know below if you do!

ALSO, i need someone to talk to me about server to server talking. My idea is that SocialCrafting config let's you put in people's IP address' and lets you connect to their SocialCrafting plugin! Ultimately, maybe copying all .yml's into a SQL database, and then linking it to an online one with a website which i guess i could buy (socialcrafting.com) of which i can display people's profiles' and status'.

Also, if you could have the ability to upload a profile to my website, then you could download it when a player joins a new server with SocialCrafting of which their profile is not on it.

Seriously, if anyone can help, let me know! This plugin could have a lot of potential given the right coders ;)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to working with you all!

2. Offline

Celeixen

I would suggest you dont buy your own website mainly because of the cost. You could probably join two servers pretty easy just use like an irc between them. I cant really tell what your trying to do but it sounds like a good idea.

3. Offline

NeoSilky

Okay, so you have your server (server1) and your friends server (server2) on your server, in a config file, you put the IP address of your mates (server2) and then you start the server, it will connect to your friends server and have the ability to read their SocialCrafting and therefore the profiles.

And not really, i have free hosting from x10hosting, i could buy a domain name cheapely, and i could also use my site for hosting my files and also my wiki's etc :)

4. Offline

Celeixen

ohh ok, i kinda get it now... sounds like a cool idea will be interesting to see when you release it.

5. Offline

NeoSilky

Yeha, just need help doing SQL :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.