[DEAD] Spells v0.996

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by NathanWolf, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Offline

AnjoCaido

Both are the same. Essentials crew just requested if they could pack my GM together with a different name.

Now I just sync my GM to their repository at every update, so they are equally the same.

2. Offline

NathanWolf

Ahhh... this is all starting to make much more sense now.

Though... I'm really starting to dislike Essentials, quite honestly, and the way it does things. Why re-pack a perfectly good GM that works just fine as a stand-alone plugin? Why have a fricking stranglehold on the nether, for that matter, breaking my poor nethergate plugin for no reason.... :*(

Ok, whinefest over :)

Anyway, glad that there aren't quite as many different GM's out there as I thought, and also glad that it sounds like my stuff works with it again- not sure why everyone was saying it was broken with EGM for a few days, there.

3. Offline

AnjoCaido

Mmm... which essentials break your Nethergate? The basic Essentials.jar?

Well, thats bad because I planned to use NetherGate. :(

Honestly, from essentials I just use Essentials.jar and EssentialsSpawn.jar. They do nicely on those. And I love it. For the others, I just prefer more solid alternatives.

Well, enough talking of Essentials on your Thread. lol

4. Offline

NathanWolf

No no, by all means :) Or, well, we should at least move to the NG thread I guess where it's relevant- but basically "whichever part of Essentials handles the nether" would be the part that breaks NG.... I was under the impression it was part of whatever the "core" essentials thing is, but honestly I have not even used essentials so I really wasn't even aware of how modular it is.

5. Offline

AnjoCaido

I think essentials has nothing about multiworld/nether/etc.

I will test it here with NG.

6. Offline

Xylogeist

@NathanWolf Fair enough :) For now, that bastard only really neads Blink, fill, arrow, torch, and rewind, so I'll just declare them out... that or get rid of him xD

7. Offline

NathanWolf

Thanks! Ok, moving to BG thread :)

8. Offline

Greedish

Spells isn't working for me - I'm using the latest persistence, spells, wand, and craftbukkit, as well as groupmanager for permissions. /wand works and gives me a wand, but /spells does nothing and /wand blink tells me "unknown spell 'blink'". /cast doesn't work, either, so I'm at a loss.

9. Offline

Redbyte

When i type spells in the console it says "peristence: Cant't find callback 'onSpells' for plugin Spells
    spells [category]"
    I don't have any permissions on or anything, I have no idea what is going on. I am stumped.
    Also when I type in /cast [anything] it does not say anything and nothing happens.

10. Offline

NathanWolf

Have you set up permissions? See the Permissions section in the OP.
    [MERGETIME="1299867367"][/MERGETIME]
    That sounds like a bug- can you please try to re-download the latest Persistence and Spells- barring that, I guess delete the "Persistence" folder under "plugins" and restart.

11. Offline

anon

Downlaod the PermissionsSupport.jar
    Also, delete you persistence folder( not the jar) and let persistence create it again.

12. Offline

NathanWolf

Oh! Also... duh.

I should've mentioned that inferno is just a variant of fire, which takes a radius. So, feel free to do something ridiculous like "/cast fire 64" if you want ;)

13. Offline

Redbyte

Ok I tried this and i am still getting the same error

14. Offline

NathanWolf

:( I don't know what to do then... can you pastebin your full server log, please?

15. Offline

Redbyte

Here you go.

16. Offline

NathanWolf

Wow, that's short- thank you :)

And yeah- this:

Code:
    2011-03-11 15:58:27 [INFO] Peristence: Can't find callback 'onSpells' for plugin Spells
    Is definitely the problem, as you pointed out- but I have no idea why that's happening. Let me re-upload the version of Persistence I have locally real quick, since it's definitely working for me. Please re-download now: Persistence.jar

Sorry for all the trouble! :(

17. Offline

Redbyte

I don't want to be a bother but it still is giving me the same problem. [​IMG]

18. Offline

NathanWolf

Well, I was afraid of that- I'm really not sure what to do at that point, honestly. I'm running all this stuff on my public server with no issues.... I don't know what else to suggest, even, at this point... :(

19. Offline

HandOfCode

Easy, back your server up, start a CLEAN server, install spells, and see what happens. (using the most recent bukkit)

20. Offline

NathanWolf

@Redbyte, I think you did this already, right? That's what baffles me so much- I've done the same, and it works for me (using latest RB, but it really shouldn't matter- as long as you've got latest of all my plugins)

21. Offline

Redbyte

Is there any way that you could send me you server files minus you world files. Or make a video on setting it up.[​IMG] (Maybe it is something I have configed wrong)

22. Offline

AnjoCaido

Everything was fine for a lot of hours... but suddenly it just started being spammed on my console and made a huge lag.

I couldn't find a reason on logs for this...

CB# 531

Code:
    23:11:02 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to Spells
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.gameplay.dao.BlockList.undo(BlockList.java:87)
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.Spells.cleanup(Spells.java:290)
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.Spells.onPlayerMove(Spells.java:520)
            at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.SpellsPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(SpellsPlayerListener.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:192)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:124)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

When I run the server again it works fine.

23. Offline

Rurikar22

Would it be possible to create a spell that heals a target you hit with or are aiming at?

24. Offline

QQCucumber

Same problem as Anjo but the error is different:

Code:
    2011-03-12 05:20:04 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM to Wand
    	at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.permission(Control.java:295)
    	at com.nijiko.permissions.Control.has(Control.java:269)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.permissions.PermissionsProxy.isSet(PermissionsProxy.java:18)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.permission.GroupManager.isSet(GroupManager.java:424)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.persistence.dao.PlayerData.isSet(PlayerData.java:336)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.SpellVariant.hasSpellPermission(SpellVariant.java:109)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.Spells.getSpell(Spells.java:38)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.wand.WandPlayerListener.spellHelp(WandPlayerListener.java:218)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.wand.WandPlayerListener.onPlayerItem(WandPlayerListener.java:288)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:202)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ItemRedstone.a(ItemRedstone.java:62)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.a(ItemStack.java:56)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:160)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:495)
    	at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    2011-03-12 05:20:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM to Wand
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.permissions.PermissionsProxy.isSet(PermissionsProxy.java:18)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.permission.GroupManager.isSet(GroupManager.java:424)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.persistence.dao.PlayerData.isSet(PlayerData.java:336)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.spells.SpellVariant.hasSpellPermission(SpellVariant.java:109)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.wand.WandPlayerListener.spellHelp(WandPlayerListener.java:218)
    	at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.wand.WandPlayerListener.onPlayerItem(WandPlayerListener.java:288)
    2011-03-12 05:20:06 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM to Wand

25. Offline

NathanWolf

Really good idea! I'm going to link to this in my FAQ:

elBukkit.zip

I ran this with the following:

Code:
    java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar CraftBukkit.jar nohud

And I got this output:

firstrun.txt

I logged in, I could use wand/spells and I could use the portal spell (so NetherGate is working too- though it did drop me in lava :()

Let me know!
    [MERGETIME="1299946324"][/MERGETIME]
    I don't think I have it in my issue tracker, but I do plan on making heal able to do this once I've got the entity targeting system in.
    [MERGETIME="1299946481"][/MERGETIME]
    Usually when Permissions NPE's on me like this it's because I don't have a config file set up for all my worlds.

Otherwise, I'm not sure- it's possible I'm passing a null player or string to Permissions, but even still it should handle all of this better.
    [MERGETIME="1299946580"][/MERGETIME]

I think the auto-undo system is broken- this happened to me last night too :(

I was using cushion to try to put out a massive forest fire, and I noticed they weren't going away. (Suck!)- then I got a lot of that in my log.

I'm hoping to have a fix for this soon- but so far today I've spent like 2 hours just answering forum posts :p

26. Offline

QQCucumber

Well, as I said before, I only have one world, and it's already configured.

Edit: I guess I should point out I'm using PermissionsSupport.jar and the latest version of Permissions. If there's anything I'm supposed to do with the file Persistence generates let me know.

27. Offline

NathanWolf

No, you should just have to drop in the jar.

Basically, Permissions is crashing for you and I don't know why :(

I'll see if I can make it happen for me later, but I'm not going to spend much time debugging Permissions, and it's definitely going to wait until I get done what I want to get done today.

28. Offline

Redbyte

Ok what I did "I extracted the zip with the windows ver then made a new text and put that code in and saved it as "RUN.bat" and ran it waited for it to make the files then typed stop. Then I put my name in ops.txt turned mobs off started it again logged on typed "/spells" it gave me a list of spells (farther then I had ever got) so then i typed "/cast recall" (I did move from spawn) and nothing happened and nothing came up in the console". So I am dumb founded. (I think it just hates me)

29. Offline

NathanWolf

the permissions file I gave you (It was in the "Persistence" folder) should have set up everyone with all the spells- is that file still there? Does it says "Persistence: loaded 3 profiles from permissions.yml" in your server log?

Being an "op" is meaningless at this point, at least for my plugins.

30. Offline

Redbyte

Yes