DDoS Threats

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Adelin, Feb 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Adelin

Plugin category: Admin Tools. I don't know.

Suggested name: DDoS Threats

What I want: Hello! Today I was playing on Badlion and I see GCHEAT banned someone for ' DDOS THREATS '... On SpainPvP as well for that. I would like a plugin which ban the player who send DDoS threats /Exploit.

Ideas for commands: I don't know.

Ideas for permissions: I don't have any ideas.

When I'd like it by: -

Thank you!

2. It is really hard (to unsolvable). A DDoS is not by one person. Also if the player who startet the DDoS isn't ever actively acting in the DDoS, too.

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Adelin A ddos thread is almost impossible to spot though.
    The actual attack is a hardware thing.

4. Offline

Trimzy

Are you talking about a ban type of plugin where if you did something like
    usage: [/ban <player> ddos]..?
    or are you talking about a plugin that would ban someone automatic for ddos? Because sorry to break it to you, but that's not really possible as tim stated.. ddos is a Hardware issue.

5. Offline

Adelin

Then , how when someone is ddosing Badlion , the GCheat ban him ? :-:

6. Offline

PresentingTulip

Badlion is a fully custom server with top notch plugins. You're not going to be getting that quality for free here.

7. Offline

Trimzy

As @PresentingTulip stated, Badlion has [PAID] Developer's, along with that... they get paid large amount to make top of the line plugins. You can't expect to get a plugin like that here for free. That type of plugin integrates with a lot of server invovled things.

8. Offline

IP ban?

9. Offline

Adelin

@timtower No, normal ban... It just ban the player which is ddosing the server.

10. Offline

Lampades

I could code a plugin in which it warns the user for threatening to DDoS, other than that it'd be dumb to code a plugin that bans the user for just "threatening to ddos" rather than actually doing it.

11. Offline

@Adelin DDOSING isn't something that you will notice in the server besides it crashing, no way to find the IP of the ddoser.
    Get the cops involved instead as it is illegal as well.

12. Offline

Adelin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.