DDoS/DoS attack help/suggestions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Dec64, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dec64

Hi, my server is being attacked with some form of botnet attack, now im not incredibly well read into this subject, but whoever is doing it, is bringing down my VPS hosted in America, with my website and team-speak, and my game-server hosted in France, at the same time. any suggestions or information regarded how i can combat this would be very gratefully received.

We had a user rage quit over his items being stolen in PVP (on a pvp server), and he threatend to use his botnet against us, and now this. I need to get this stopped asap.

2. Offline

xionxinks

Well for an average person with no other botnet group of your own to fight back you kinda just have to wait it out....happens to my server sometimes when people are being dicks.

3. Offline

bradgillap

Do a google search on protecting yourself from ddos attacks. I found some information on debian in the first 5 links for attacks against apache

http://www.debianadmin.com/how-to-protect-apache-against-dosddos-or-brute-force-attacks.html

fail2ban is also good for stopping too many connections to ssh and a number of services. There is a conf file with commented out lines for many popular services built in.

I'm sure your distributions forum would be another excellent place to start searching for the keyword ddos.

Keep an eye on your bandwidth. If things get out of control you can contact your host and let them know that you are under attack. They may have some good advice as it is not in their best interests to have attacks happening either.

4. Offline

Dec64

Thanks for the info guys, we caught one guy who was doing it, godofrock30. so if you see this guy be careful.

5. If you want to ddos someone. Your going to know how to go in to google and type reverse ip lookup and get the ip. Also most ddosers in there configuration its probably setup so you can ddos a domain or a subdomain without having to do a reverse ip lookup...

6. Offline

jasonx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.