DCP - A Download control panel/tracker and Auto-updating class

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Kalman Olah, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

cronikkk

Found that function!!!

PHP:
    function safe($s) {

// removes words that contain sql syntax

$s preg_replace(sql_regcase("/(from|select|insert|delete|where|drop table|show tables|#|\*|--|\\\\)/"),"",$s);

$s trim($s); // strip whitespace

$s strip_tags($s); // strip HTML and PHP tags

$s addslashes($s); // quote string with slashes

return $s;
    }

2. Offline

wwsean08

so simple to set up, great work

3. Offline

Kalman Olah

Glad you like it :)

I have a bit of time today, so I'll try to finish DCP v2.0.0.
    Screencap of current version:
    View attachment 5346

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  4. Offline

wwsean08

The only suggestion I have (which I did on my own) is make it so the password field on the index is a password field and not a text field, but beyond that this is great

DrAgonmoray likes this.
  5. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I agree

6. Offline

Kalman Olah

Just did that :p.

7. Offline

wwsean08

8. Offline

Kalman Olah

DCP v2.0.0 has been released. Because it is quite late, I didn't really have the time to add every little thing I wanted to add. However, the current release is ready for use, and I will be adding suggestions to DCP in the coming days. So remember to post feedback.

You'll want to read the edited OP to set up DCP, as a lot of things have changed, including the auto-updater class and SQL structure.

A screenshot of DPC v2.0.0 can be found here: http://kalmanolah.net/files/DCPscreens/capped.jpg .

I would also like to note that DCP 2.0.0 is backwards compatible with <2.0.0, meaning that if you add a download to DCP 2.0.0 with the same name / dl.php & check.php file locations, your plugins should be able to keep auto-updating just fine.

9. Offline

DrAgonmoray

@Kalman Olah

Just upgraded to 2.0. First thing I noticed:
    On the login screen I get this error:
    Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in D:\BLABLABLA\DCP\web\includes\database.inc.php on line 22

And after logging in, on the download page I get this:
    Code:
    Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in D:\Hosting\7814934\html\DCP\web\includes\database.inc.php on line 19

Warning: mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in D:\Hosting\7814934\html\DCP\web\includes\database.inc.php on line 19

Edit:
    Also looking at database.inc.php, it looks like you don't have a closing php tag (?>) :O

Please fix it :( All my download links are down and I didn't save a backup of my old DCP.

10. Offline

Kalman Olah

Did you fill in your config.inc.php? Did you remember to clear your MySQL database and to execute the new .sql file?

11. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Yes and.. wat?
    If I clear it won't I lose all my download data? D:

12. Offline

Kalman Olah

Yeah, you will. Hence why it's the "major 2.0.0 update" and not the "minor cosmetic update" :p.

13. Offline

DrAgonmoray

i deem this misleading.

Good bye downloads D:

14. Offline

Kalman Olah

I was talking about the auto-updater. DCP 2.0.0 works with plugins that use the old auto-updater class, provided you recreate the download. You'll still want to release a plugin update containing the latest auto-updater class, though. I pretty much put the entire auto-update process in a try/catch block to make sure the plugin doesn't crash if the auto-updating fails.

15. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Oh. But now the DL links aren't working.
    whyyy cruel world.

http://livecraft.net/DCP/web/dl.php?id=WorldManager&ver=latest

Just gives me a blank page. The download doesn't start either. But the download count does go up.

@Kalman Olah

After debugging your code, I found that
    PHP:
    if (file_exists('./files/'.$id.'-'.$row2["version"].'-'.$row2["filename"])) {
    Always returns false, so the download doesn't start. Then upon further inspection, the "files" folder is empty.
    Hmm

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

Kalman Olah

Did you remember to overwrite the dl.php too? There's a new one in the .rar.

You have to CHMOD your /files/ folder to 777. I wrote this in the OP too :).
    EDIT: You'll have to remake your downloads after you do this, so the files actually upload.

17. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I'm pretty sure I completely overwrote everything. I'll try again.

Edit:
    DOH! The CHMOD thing AGAIN! it seems I never learn :)

18. Offline

drampelt

I managed to add my plugin fine at version 0.1, but when I go to upload version 0.2, it doesn't show up. Should it upload automatically? I don't see a submit button for the form.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out you click add new download. *facepalm*
    EDIT (again): My plugin won't update itself.
    Code:
    16:37:39 [INFO] [Daisy] Initiating auto-update...
    16:37:40 [INFO] [Daisy] A new version of Daisy, v0.2 is available.
    16:37:40 [INFO] [Daisy] Starting download of Daisy v0.2...
    16:37:40 [INFO] [Daisy] Error while checking for latest version.
    16:37:40 [INFO] [Daisy] loading Daisy v0.1

On my DCP web interface it says more downloads every time I try but it doesn't download it.

19. Offline

Kalman Olah

Delete your downloads, CHMOD your /files/ folder to 777, and remake them.
    Currently the auto-updating doesn't work because the files haven't been uploaded properly. This is caused by you not having write permissions for the /files/ folder. You can solve this by setting folder permissions (CHMOD) to 77 for the /files/ folder. You will need to delete/remake your downloads in order for the files to get uploaded :).

20. Offline

drampelt

I did that, chmod 777 the files folder, and re-added the files, 2 versions. It still gives me the same error when loading on server startup.

21. Offline

Kalman Olah

go to http://<yoursite.com>/check.php?id=<yourDLname> and tell me what shows up.
    What you SHOULD see is "0.2&plugin.jar" or the like.
    EDIT: Go into the /files/ folder. Is there anything called Daisy-0.2-daiy.jar ?

22. Offline

drampelt

Yes as well as 0.2.1 that I added. I edited your class to log the exception when it says error updating and I get this:

[Daisy] java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins/Daisy/update/Daisy-0.2.1-Daisy.jar (No such file or directory)

23. Offline

Kalman Olah

I suppose this means it can't create the file. Make sure the server isn't located in C:/Program Files or something. Or CHMOD/CHOWN it if you're on Linux. Give me a moment to make sure I'm not having the same issue.

Just checked for myself. No issues. Does the /plugins/Daisy/ folder exist?

24. Offline

drampelt

No, the only thing in plugins is Daisy.jar

25. Offline

Kalman Olah

Try creating a /Daisy/ folder in there, and see if it works.

26. Offline

drampelt

Awesome, that worked. Any idea how to make the plugin generate that folder if it doesn't exist so other people that use it don't have to?

27. Offline

Kalman Olah

Well, the class already generates the /update/ folder if it doesn't exist :p. I'll give it a shot :).

http://kalmanolah.net/files/dl.php?id=DCP&ver=2.0.1

28. Offline

drampelt

One more quick question, could you make it (or show me how) so that once it downloads the update, it deletes the old file and replaces with the new?

29. Offline

Kalman Olah

Just don't make it create a file in the name-version-filename format. Change it to the same file every time. Something like name.jar. If you need specifics, let me know

30. Offline

drampelt

Sorry, fairly new to java. I have no clue how to do this :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.