Solved Customizable kits | Need Advice

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by mrgreen33gamer, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

Hi there Bukkit Community!

So I asked my players on my server what ideas I should have to attract more people or add more features, a majority of them said: "Make customizable kits!".

So I ponder, and ponder, AND ponder. But I cannot figure out how do this.

First I can start off by putting them in a HashMap for the custom kit when being used. But then how would I add the special abilities for JUST that kit?

Anyway, i need some help. I can't figure out how to do this. If ANYONE has advice on this, please tell me in the comments below! Thanks

~mrgreen33gamer | BadBoyBaldSpot

2. Offline

1Rogue

Make a Kit class, and then have a collection of potion effects that are applied to any player that selects the kit.

3. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

@1Rogue Not what I really had in mind. I am talking about as fair as kit abilities. For instance, I can add 2 abilities but have 10 ability choices. I choose the ability to shoot a fireball from a stick and an enderpearl from an iron ingot.

Would I have to use multiple HashMaps? If so, how would I do this?

I already know how to store and load items from a configuration file. No need to sweat about that.

4. Offline

1Rogue

I think the point that was missed here is that you should make a Kit class to do all of that. If you want additional behavior, then add additional behavior to the class. Don't constrain yourself to working with a bunch of arbitrary collections and maps that have no meaning on their own.

5. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

@1Rogue Thanks for the information! Solved. I look forward to seeing you again :)

6. Offline

Concurrent

7. Offline

mrgreen33gamer

@Concurrent what is it you want to try? I am working on the customizable kits. IP: play.greenpvp.tk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.