Custom Tab Creation

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by blok601, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

blok601

Hello everyone so I wanted to make a custom tab list for our server that displays player counts, staff online, and other stuff. I just wanted to know how to do something like this. I tried some libraries and API's and none of those really seemed to be working for me. I heard there is a way to do it with protocol lib.

How would I do this?

Thanks
    -blok

2. Offline

MCMastery

use player.setPlayerListName, to change what their name looks like in the tablist. that's a good start

3. Offline

blok601

I know how to do that. That is what I am doing right now. It says their rank in front of their tab name. I want it to sort've list the online staff out like:

Online Staff:
    Player1
    Player2
    Player3

4. Offline

MCMastery

ive never used packets before, but u will need to use them to make fake players

5. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@blok601
    http://wiki.vg/Protocol#Player_List_Item
    This is the packet used to change list items. I'm going to check if there are tutorials, utils, or an apis that can make this easier.

[edit] Protocol lib has the ability to block packets from being sent. Make sure only your packets are being sent to the player, and juts add all the player list items.

I may make a util for this. If I make it before you can solve this, you can use the util for this. If you find out how to change the player list, please post your code here so I can steal it for the util.

6. Offline

blok601

Alright will check it out.

Also, your Util will be very useful so Ill post my code once I am done playing with it.

7. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@blok601
    I almost have the Util working. Just testing it out now.

8. Offline

blok601

Alright, I will actually test yours out first before I make my own attempt at it.

9. Offline

Zombie_Striker

10. Offline

PumpMelon

I need this as well ~ I've been using TabAPI but it seems eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.