Plugin Request Custom Pickaxes

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by lolmaster835, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lolmaster835

Plugin category: Item Customization (Specifically Pickaxe)

Suggested name: eCredits

What I want: eCredits is a plugin where you can fully customize your Pickaxe enchants using credits. This plugin will be used on a prison server.

Say for example you have your Pickaxe with you and you are beside an enchant sign (special sign (not essentials) ) and when you right click in the sign, you upgrade your fortune, unbreaking, efficiency, etc. which costs eCredits.

I want the plugin to have it's own "balance" system where players eCredits are stored digitally and can be viewed when you execute a command. The plugin should also be able to convert these credits into items and these items can be right clicked to "re-enter" the players credit balance.

When you right click the Pickaxe, you get a message saying you have upgraded your Pickaxe. Example: "You have upgraded to Fortune 5!" Or something like that. Also, it plays maybe a ding sound every upgrade

To maybe place these enchant signs, maybe you run a command where when you right click the sign, it turns it into an enchant sign. Also, before I forget, the pick axes should never ever break.

I would also like some custom enchantments, the enchantments also show up on the Pickaxe as lores. Some ideas for the enchantments could be explosive where when you mine with the Pickaxe, it explodes the blocks around it and all the blocks go automatically into your inventory, basically every block you mine goes straight into your inventory. You can add more enchantments if you wish.

When a player does not hold a Pickaxe while right clicking on the sign, he gets an error message saying "Please hold a Pickaxe in your hands"

Ideas for commands:
    /ecredits bal/balance - Displays player's eCredit balance
    /ecredits withdraw <number> - Withdraws eCredits in the form of an item, preferably green dye or any color of dye
    /ecredits sign <enchantment> <price> - ADMIN ONLY COMMAND Allows the player to left click or right click a sign to turn it into a enchants sign.
    /ecredits enchant <enchantment> <level> - ADMIN ONLY COMMAND Allows the player to enchant a Pickaxe with any enchantment coating no price

Ideas for permissions:
    ecrystal.admin - Allows the player to access ADMIN ONLY COMMANDS
    ecrystal.default - Allows the player to access any non-admin command

When I'd like it by: Take your time, I don't really need it urgently but I obviously want it ASAP :D

P.S. I will just reply on this thread if I need anything
    PP.S I wanted to do this so a developer could really put his skills to the test

Also, I want the plugin updated to 1.8 if possible. Thanks!

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

3. Offline

pie_flavor

/enchant is a vanilla command, a simple economy plugin will work fine for the credits, and the signs can be done with ServerSigns. Many plugins make the blocks go into your inventory instantly, and there are many custom enchantment plugins out there. Simply get a lore-changing plugin and bind the command to the sign. You can make the sign cost money to use (and put a confirm on it so you don't do it accidentally), and even give the player permissions while using the commands.

4. Offline

lolmaster835

5. Offline

pie_flavor

How? And there's no need to tag me.

6. Offline

lolmaster835

Anyways, umm I tried the plugins you suggested and I wanted the plugin I am asking for to be custom. I wanted it so that the messages it gives are custom. I am pretty sure you are not allowed to open-source the plugins unless provided permission by the owner.

7. Offline

pie_flavor

I'm pretty sure I can edit it a bit for your standards as long as I don't claim that it's my work and mine alone. Also, what message? "/svs add <msg> You have upgraded your pickaxe to Fortune 5" should work.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  8. Offline

lolmaster835

But it should be custom everytime, So pretend I have a pickaxe and It has Fortune 10, When I click on a sign, it should read my enchants and upgrade it by 1 then send me a message saying that I have upgraded it and like a sound plays or maybe firework particles.

Also, @mrCookieSlime has a plugin like this, but its somewhat different to what I wanted.

9. Offline

pie_flavor

Tell you what. I suck at signs and whatnot. But I'll make you a plugin that, with a command, upgrades the item you're holding with an enchantment. Use ServerSigns to run the command and do the cost.

Wow. I did not anticipate just how difficult it would be to make sure that it's foolproof, or to implement custom enchantments, or to refund the money if they did it wrong. Sorry, but I can't make this.

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged posts.>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  10. Offline

lolmaster835

Ok. No problem @pie_flavor . Ill just continue looking for people who are willing to do this.

If anyone is interested in contributing to this mod, feel free to reply!

If anyone still wants to contribute, feel free to do so

*ehem* @mrCookieSlime *ehem*

<Edit by mrCookieSlime: Merged posts.>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  11. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Gotta love it when tags aren't working...

*cough**cough* How is it different? This does exactly sound like my Plugin PrisonGems in conbination with my Plugin EmeraldEnchants. My Plugin just doesn't have an Item-version of the gems but I am working on that. Its still in early Alpha,so what do you expect?

12. Offline

lolmaster835

@mrCookieSlime Never knew it was in early alpha, sorry about that. I have some suggestions for you tho. Make it so that there is a [Upgrade] sign which has information on the enchant you are upgrading and it basically does what I say. Also, if you can add a Backpack rename feature, that would be amazing :D

13. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@lolmaster835
    There are [Upgrade] Signs, they have always been there.
    And I wont add a backpack rename feature.

14. Offline

lolmaster835

15. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Why bunping?
    This request was already filled a few weeks ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.