Custom No Drop Plugin Interferes With Other Plugins

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Croug, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Croug

I have created a custom no drop plugin, that stores a players inventory on dying, then suppresses the item drop, the restores the inventory after respawning. When I tested it in my controlled bukkit test server, everything worked great, but when I put it on my main server, it wouldn't even suppress the item dropping. I believe this is due to it interfering with another plugin on my server, could someone tell me what plugin this is, and what extra measures I should take to make sure it doesn't interfere in the future? Thanks.

Plugins on the server including mine(ThisIsNotAPlugin):
    FakeMessager, TimTheEnchanter, GroupManager, WorldEdit, Permissions, SafeExplosions, Movecraft, Multiverse-Core, SuperSpleef, WorldGuard, Essentials, ThisIsNotAPlugin, EssentialsXMPP, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, CreativeGates, EssentialsGeoIP, CraftBook, EssentialsChat, EssentialsAntiBuild, Factions

-Jordan 'Croug' LaPrise

2. Offline

itunes89

Can't you just set the gamerule to inventory loss?

3. Offline

Croug

Im making an enhanced one that saves inventory per world and also saves xp(if desired)

4. Offline

foodyling

How are you suppressing the item drop event? Are you cancelling the ItemSpawnEvent?

5. Offline

marwzoor

foodyling

You can set the drops on PlayerDeathEvent I think

6. Offline

Croug

I use The PlayerDeatEvent and i use event.getDrops().clear(); to suppress the item drop.

7. Offline

foodyling

I meant BlockDrops.

8. Offline

Croug

Yes I know and I answered it in my post

9. Offline

foodyling

'it wouldn't even suppress the item dropping' Item dropping as in the player's drops or block drops?
    Try setting your EventHandler as the top priority.

10. Offline

Croug

it does suppress block drops, I tried on my server with no other plugins and it worked, also, the death event is top priority and the respawn event is last, so it saves the inventory before anything happens and gives it back to you after everything else happens

11. Offline

foodyling

*Shrug* try removing plugins on your private server and test if it still drops until you find out which plugin it is. You're not giving much to work with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.