Custom Named Items (from anvils)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by jazzman170, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Offline

jazzman170

EDIT: STILL LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO DO THIS AS OF 11/25/2012 ! ILL REMOVE THIS MSG WHEN SOMEBODY HAS INDEED TAKEN ON THE JOB AND DOESNT GIVE UP HALF WAY.

Plugin category: Questing/RPG/Fun

Suggested name: Custitizen (Or something else, this was just a quickie name)

What I want: A Plugin that would link with citizens quester ( http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/citizens/ ) that would allow the use of turning in custom item named items (like renamed items from anvils). In addition, this plugin would also know the difference from a renamed item and the default item (like turning in a gold nugget vs. a custom named gold nugget).

Furthermore, this plugin would allow setting a range of 2 blocks (like world edit or residence) to enable mobs in that defined area to drop a certain custom named item (Basically it just uses an anvil to auto change the name of said item like a gold nugget to "Gold Rush Nugget", then makes a mob drop that gold nugget which is now already renamed to Gold Rush Nugget"

THIS IS IN NO WAY CREATING CUSTOM ITEMS THAT DONT EXIST. Its using the properties of the anvil renaming feature, a region feature like that of residence or world edit for custom named drops for mobs in that location, and linking into Citizens so these can be used for questing purposes (basically the NPC would know the difference from a gold nugget and a renamed gold nugget, so players cant just turn in plain normal non-renamed gold nuggets vs. the renamed counterpart).

Ideas for commands: Would need commands for setting a region, creating custom loot name with its item id, and anything else that would be needed.

Ideas for permissions: Perms for admin (not OP) capability to create the custom regions and item names.

2. I will look into this, add me on skype: sven.wiltink

3. Offline

jazzman170

Thanks, i have done so :) I hope this is quite possible, i really believe it is. I have seen many plugins do amazing things, and what im requesting here is something that could be WIDELY used by many servers and creates a new aspect for questing as well as this plugin isnt super advanced like i have seen some other plugins.

4. Offline

com. BOY

5. Offline

jazzman170

that is SOMEWHAT similar, but not what im wanting. I dont want to simply just rename my items and have ALL the items in the world change, thats unecessary for me. What im wanting is the ability to make zones that drop said item with custom name. Then citizens is linked with this plugin to work with questing so i can turn in the said custom named item for whatever quest i have set up.

It would also be smart enough to know the difference from say a:

coal

and a customly named coal with custom name of

Black Dust

Just as an example. This way, players cant just give the NPC "Coal" but must give the npc "Black Dust" and even though black dust IS coal, you cant just turn in plain "Coal". This allows me and many others to go in depth with questinng with an unlimited item base to work with for hundreds if not thousands of unique quest.

I'm still in need of this plugin, please somebody answer this call! I'll work with whom ever can do it and ill bring whatever i can to the table in exchange ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  6. Offline

jazzman170

Still searching! :p

7. Offline

Superboop

Can't you just have a different damage value for coal (like 263:2) and set a name for that using the aforementioned plugin?

I'm going to test that right now, brb.

8. Offline

jazzman170

please let me know if what your testing works :)
    Also, i like the whole idea of setting regions where the mobs in that region drop said item, so players have to actualy goto that location where that item will drop ONLY in that region.

9. Offline

jazzman170

10. Offline

jazzman170

Bumping this back up.