Plugin Request Custom Mining Sounds [For Prison]

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Chromify, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Chromify

Okay so the plugin name I would like it PrisonSoundz.
    The perms are prisonsound.lava, prisonsound.flintandsteel, etc. I'll get to the point.
    So normally on prison servers it's a boring mining sound all day long, so grindy and you want something cooler, right? Well servers like CraftPrison, Mineous, Prison-HQ all have this, but I don't know how they do it, so I'm requesting it on bukkit. When you mine in a mine, you can customize your own sound, you can make a sound so if you mine anywhere, doesn't have to be a prison mine, it makes a cool sound. You can choose from the following:
    Lava dripping
    Lava flowwing
    Water Flowwing
    Water dripping
    Picking up orbs or items or entities
    Picking up experience orbs
    All animals groaning, etc.
    Add any sounds you can, but make them hearable, not like walking in cobwebs, we can't hear that!
    And if you can, I would like to add, edit or delete sounds in a config file. Players will use /sound <type of mining sound>, if they switch to another pickaxe or tool to mine with, they keep the same mining sound. I would like to be able to customize the messages in a config file too.
    If players have the perm nodes prisonsound.all they have access to all sounds.

If you need answers from me or if you're interested in coding this, you will make my dream come true because I've been wanting something like this for 3 months.

Please help me! Anyone!

2. Offline

poepdrolify

I will try to make this, and would you like to select a sound from a GUI (like a chest)?

3. Offline

Chromify

@poepdrolify
    Yeah I didn't think of that, yes please. Can you make them different stained clay blocks?

EDIT: Oh yeah and also, to turn the sound off, make a diamond at the bottom left. Make a 9x3 (normal chest size, singular) and if you run out of space put an arrow at the bottom right saying "Next page", or something like that.

4. Offline

poepdrolify

@Chromify I think it looks better if you use like Lavadripping is the lava bukkit, and Lavaflowing the lava block...

Edit: Minecraft 1.7 or 1.8 and do you have Java 6, 7 or 8?

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@poepdrolify This section is for 1.7, and if you compile with java 7 you should be fine.

6. Offline

Chromify

@poepdrolify
    What do you mean look better. You mean sound better? All I requested is a mining sound plugin, it should not turn or make anything lava.

Minecraft 1.8, and how do I tell what I have for my server?

7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

8. Offline

poepdrolify

@Chromify
    Java version: https://www.java.com/verify

I mean like, in the sound select menu, instead of different stained clay blocks, an item that has a connection with the sound, like lava dripping is a lava bukkit in the menu...

9. Offline

Chromify

@poepdrolify
    Oh I get you now.
    Why does it matter if I have an outdated version of java?

10. Offline

poepdrolify

@Chromify Well in the newer version bug updates and that kind of stuff...

11. Offline

Chromify

@poepdrolify
    Yeah but my server isn't homehosted, it shouldn't affect my online server right?

12. Offline

Chromify

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.