Custom Items?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Rellac, Dec 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rellac

With 1.7, server owners have the opportunity to dish out custom texturepacks a lot easier.

I know that this isn't possible in the current builds (considering they are just dev builds atm) - but in the near future, would it be possible to utilise these custom texturepacks to create custom items in servers? (also custom sounds?)

No one ever downloads spout or custom launchers when asked, it would make my life infinitely easier to be able to create custom items simply with bukkit.

I am asking if this is possible to be implemented in a future craftbukkit release, not if it is possible to be implemented via plugin right now (which I know it isn't).

2. Offline

Conarnar

Well, you don't exactly set a player's texture pack, rather you request a player to download and use a texture pack which won't work if server textures is off. So no.

3. Offline

Rellac

I'm not expecting it to work for everyone, only those who download it. If you don't download it, you don't see the custom stuff.

for example, those not using spout with spout enabled features will always see some mundane item (usually flint) when they see custom items.

4. Offline

dumptruckman

This would take more than modifications to the server written in Craftbukkit. Minecraft would need to be updated to support custom items and sounds. Luckily, as far as I know, that is a planned feature of Minecraft.

5. Offline

Rellac

Isn't this as much planned as Red Dragons and Pigmen, though?

I'm sure I've been hearing plans for this ever since I first began my server back in Beta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.