Solved custom command in config

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by YoloSanta, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

YoloSanta

hey guys I was just wondering, if I were to make a plugin to where I have a player make up a command to be able to put it in the config how could I do that for example
    Config.yml (open)

Code:java
    1. # KillsCommand by YoloSanta v1
    3. # Number is kills and after colon is command
    4. # Ex, 3:give %user% diamond 1
    5. Commands:
    6. 3:give %user% diamond 1
    7. 5:effect %user% minecraft:REGENERATION 5 3

I have not started making this plugin but is a question off the top of my head and I don't know how I would even start

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@YoloSanta
    Using command maps, you can register a new aliases for all custom commands to one command class, and then let that class handle executing/setting things depending on the config values.

RcExtract likes this.
  3. Offline

RcExtract

You should save them into a list. Then when a player performs a command, check if the command label is the same. Then check the argument. If the custom command provided has a placeholder for example %player%, find the player and cancel command if not found. If the placeholder is %item% give them the item by finding the item from the enum with the value, etc.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

4. Offline

YoloSanta

Thanks I think I semi understand!

5. Offline

Horsey

@Zombie_Striker a tardy, but much easier method is to listen for a PlayerCommandEvent and if the command executed matches the alias you want to use, you could cancel the command and use Player#performCommand("command");

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.