Custom Achievement Message

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by TheMysterious, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Offline

TheMysterious

I'm looking to get a plugin that let's you display custom achievement messages from a config.yml upon running a command. The player doesn't get a real achievement or anything, and it must be re-usable. I would like to use that for displaying messages that aren't in the server chat, my server members are complaining about the chat being spammed off with messages which isn't fun, though I want my people to read the messages.

For example, I could bind it together with the /stop command, to have it display something like:
    "Warning: Server shutting down!"
    With a delay between the message and /stop.

If someone could make this plugin I'd really appreciate it, and I think so will much people do. Plugins as such are highly customizable and that's something I really like.

Thanks,

-TheMysterious

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

TheMysterious I don't think that you can fake such achievements, could be wrong though.

3. Offline

TheMysterious

I don't know how plugins work, but can you somehow check if there's any chance for this to work?
    As I said, it would be very useful...

4. Offline

you mean the popup achievement right? As far as i know that is handled client side, at least, the messages can't be changed.

5. Offline

TheMysterious

Yes that's what I mean, if that's handled client side then I don't think a plugin like this would be possible, unfortunately.

Thanks for your time though.
    Have any suggestions on how to have messages broadcasted without using the chat, please let me know.

6. Offline

Actually I do: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/boss-bar-message/

TheMysterious likes this.
  7. Offline

TheMysterious

timtower likes this.