Solved [Critical need help] Players knockbacks, random lags, blocks rollbacks

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by iwitrag, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iwitrag

Hello,

I'm experiencing serious problems on our server - when there are 40+ people, something returns our position (knocking back to same place), placed block are randomly dissapearing and getting back, it looks like lags but it is not lag...

It is like when you come to residence where you have move false. It's still knocking you back - but this time it just returns you back wherever you go. It's really annoying and I don't have any idea, what causes this, because TPS are on 20 and there aren't errors at all !

Here is plugin list: -> http://pastebin.com/D6jAmtiT <-

Is there any tool which logs ALL events on server? So I can see what is causing those troubles?

2. Offline

Crafter2352

get the plugin "logblock"

3. Offline

iwitrag

Crafter2352
    How can logblock help me ? It only logs block breaking etc... I'm using coreprotect... But it doesn't matter, I need something to log every single EVENT (like BlockBreakEvent or something like that)...

I simply need to find what plugin is causing these troubles... It's unplayable when there are 40+ people on server :(

4. Offline

Crafter2352

ok post your plugins

5. Offline

Sycholic

6. Offline

iwitrag

Crafter2352 - Plugin list is in the first post
    Sycholic - this is not simple packet loss - really... You should see it... it's plugin fail but I need to find-out what plugin is causing it. I'm unable to use WarmRoast - We are using Minecraft hosting and I dont have access to JDK

Thanks!

7. Offline

TheDarkLord197

BlockRoll back? Do you mean that players can't talk during the blockroll back, Or the blocks just roll back after a while as if nothing happened? It could be they simply don't have permission to build, Check the console for the "Can't keep up!" Error.

8. Offline

Sycholic

did you try just using the built in /timers to see anything obvious? aka plugin profiling. I mean I know what your explaining Ive seen it too its a loss of sync between client and server for 'whatever' reason. But hearing that its actually 'hosted' lessens the idea of packet loss. hmmm wait? what java is the server host using? it dont have the JDK installed only a JRE :confused: ? Other then that not sure I mean start disabling plugins... make sure this isnt happening with 40 people online and you got no plugins being used either... aka 'Make sure its not the server at its core..' Do that first, no point in trying to fix plugins if the server core is infact not handling something right. Since your got it hosted I think your serious about running one so your hearing my best opinion on where to start.

9. Offline

TheDarkLord197

If you are having more players online than your current ram allows or recommends, You are bound to run into lag such as this.

Sycholic likes this.
  10. Offline

Sycholic

could be someone: with some crazy redstone rubegoldberg device, massive farm, monster spawners going bonkers.... ya never know.... +_+

11. Offline

iwitrag

TheDarkLord197 - "Can't keep up!" error is message generated by CB when server is running on low TPS. As I said - we have 20 TPS when the "lag" occurs... no lags in fact are happening.

TheDarkLord197 - We have 6 GB RAM available, using 2 GB when there are 40 players on the server, so 4 GB free.

Sycholic - When the problem occurs I will try /timings reset and /timings merged after while and I'll see if there is something... Thanks.
    I don't know if it using JDK or Enviroment only. It's hosted on Java 7... I have tried to contact them on support but they couldn't find anything unusual...

Well, I would like to try disabling plugins one by one, but there is one problem - players. When the problem occurs, players are unable to do anything and they are logging out and in and saying "WTF" .. So I cannot make a stress test, because it happens only at 40+ (or 50+, it's not always the same)... 40+ players are playing on my server only at the weekend when there is no school ^^

EDIT: I'm not pretty sure if something like that (farm etc..) could do this. As I said, it happens only when there is enought players on the server (40,50+)... so players are saying (laggs!!!) but I'm sure that these are not lags at all, because RAM is used at +- 30% and TPS is 20.0 ... no laggs at all. It's plugin fail (I think)

EDIT2: Sorry for my English.. ^^

12. Offline

Sycholic

dont get me wrong I do understand... but if you got players that like the server and you arrange for a test hour (if even that) if they still whine then well... no comment. can you see the 'server' stats since your using a remote host? ie. the server itself not the MC server program. check its cpu load? is the server using SSD? drives ramdrives? I mean the bad part is since you are remote you dont seem to have a complete administative access to the server to see this stuff.

13. Offline

TheDarkLord197

Have you actually checked the console for the cant keep up error?

14. Offline

iwitrag

TheDarkLord197 - Have you actually read the whole topic? No errors at all. TPS = 19.95

Sycholic - CPU is about 40-60% when there are 40 players online - but CPU is "unlimited" - when we reach 100%, they will just increase it so we will have 60% again (good Czech hosting :)) - it is using SSD, when something bad is with server, they instantly repair it (I mean hardware)

15. Offline

Sycholic

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/classiclogger/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/logblock/

Dunno Im at a loss as I said there so many things that can be a problem. heck even your hosting company overselling their bandwidth is even a remote possiblity. But I still stand on the fact I think you need to flat out verify that its a plugin and know for fact your server itself is not the problem. Its process of elimination.

What you described as the problem is MC rubberbanding (aka losing sync) whatever does that can be so many things only way to kill it is elimination of possible sources of the problem till you get to the point you might just start disabling just one single plugin for a day.... see what happens then next day disable another (ugly as that might sound with a active server that might be your only possible choice with a unhelping playerbase)

16. Offline

iwitrag

17. Offline

iwitrag

It seems to be solved - I have turned off sponge from Craftbook :)

18. Offline

Sycholic

I still havent even figured out what or why we even got a sponge block it dont even rez in world normally. Best to put that on the restricted block list.... I wonder if the water code was slipped back in regarding sponges (it use to make water spread go slower but was supposedly removed...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.