Critical Errors Lately

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LucidLethargy, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LucidLethargy

Lately my server has been suffering almost regular errors in which the server unexpectedly shuts itself down. It happens up to 5 times a day, but most often only once a day. A complete list of my server version, plugins and their respective version is available here: http://www.paradigne.com/index.php/details/

I use the SimpleServer wrapper 7.2 with Bukkit.

The errors are as follows:

The error above is always followed with a spamming of the following:

So basically I'm not sure how to find out what's wrong here... I can disable everything one at a time but since this never happens right away, it would mean up to 2 weeks before I found the culprit. Does anyone know if I have any other tools at my disposal to find the problem? My uptime went from 99.40% to 97.93% in the last few days, so it's getting pretty bad -.-

Any help would truly be appreciated.

For those not wanting to visit an outside link, here is the vital information:
    Bukkit Version #461 (previous: 451)
    Craftbukkit Version #556 (previous: 531)

The troubles all started with the introduction of CB531, though I install plugins often so it may be unrelated.
    It's also not memory most likely as I am now running 900mb of RAM for a server of only 3-6 people online at any given time.

2. Offline

Intelli

Just posted this in the thread below yours..

"I have the exact same issue.

I have a feeling that it's an issue with when the server can't communicate with the minecraft.net server for login verification, this happens.

I haven't been able to verify it yet though."

However, it seems a lot of people are experiencing this issue.

3. Offline

LucidLethargy

Recent Plugin Additions in the last week:
    (please note I update ALL of them every day, but these are the new plugins, not just updates)
    <> Epiczones
    <> Vampires
    <> mcMMO
    <> uQuest (being disabled to try to fix things)
    <> Slots (being disabled to try to fix things)
    <> Multiverse
    <> Falsebook IC
    <> EcoCreature
    <> Citizens

Ah very interesting... I also have a problem where restarting leaves a process working on my host. It means I have to hunt down the rogue process in htop or top EVERY single time I restart just about. So 10 second restarts are now more like 5 minute restarts if I'm extremely diligent and put the work in.

Bukkit seems to be struggling a lot these days, i'm not too impressed : / I was hoping this was plugin related, but now i'm not so sure...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

Intelli

Restarting your server? (physical server?)
    Or restarting the minecraft server process?

Also, it's definitely not plugin related, as everything I use on my server (any plugins) I coded myself.
    And, the fact that the error messages are regarding connection issues / not plugin related.

5. Offline

LucidLethargy

Very interesting, that's good to know then and I will stop disabling things left and right - thank you for sharing. And I was referring to a soft restart as I use a VPS. I use the "!restart" command to do this through SimpleServerWrapper since the consol use was completely screwed up when Bukkit added their "improvements" to that. Overall things seem to have gone down hill since then... Back on CB 450-191 (or whenever was right before the consol changes) everything seemed peachy!

6. Offline

Intelli

Odd. I haven't had any issues with restarting. It may be an issue with SimpleServerWrapper regarding that.

I'll let you know though if I find any more information regarding the connection/crashing issue.

7. Offline

humpacactus

Still having this exact same issue shown in the above log files. I've tried literally everything you can think of to fix it and have pretty much come to the conclusion that it has to either be bukkit (and doesn't matter what version) or minecraft.net login issues. This really needs to be fixed as my server has been nearly unplayable since friday. It seems as soon as over two or three people begin to join - it causes 5 plus minutes of lag. Hard to pinpoint an exact time it happens though other than users logging in.

To get an idea of what I've done so far I've:
    Completely changed the map
    removed all plugins
    restarted with a new minecraftserver.jar
    removed all serverwrappers like mcmyadmin
    did a complete factory reset on my router
    tried hosting on two different machines to eliminate any hardware issues.
    and now we are left with a direct connect to the hosting machine to eliminate router issues.

So I'm guessing bukkit is the culprit and from the other posts I've seen from others I'm not surprised. Only problem is some people are saying this problem has been fixed and addressed.

If it helps I'm using a watchguard router btw.

8. Offline

TnT

@LucidLethargy
    Can you test without plugins? I suspect one of them is the root cause of issues, hard to say though as everyone who has that problem always has plugins involved. Here is my reply to the other post of the same nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.