Creative Solution: Limited Creative Dev/Maintainer

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by XanderCrews01, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Offline

XanderCrews01

Recently the developer of Limited Creative moved on to other things. This leaves the future of this plugin up in the air.

Any devs willing to pick up development of this plugin, or maintain it?

To my knowledge there is nothing out there that will serve my needs such as Limited Creative. While there are certainly plugins out there that do parts of what this plugin does, there are common features missing from them. Some of these features are per-gamemode inventories, disabling sign interactions, and worldguard region support.

Source:
    https://github.com/possi/LimitedCreative
    Dev.bukkit.org
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/limited-creative/?page=4#comments
    The developer welcomes email from other devs looking to contribute/pick up development. His email is at the dev.bukkit.org page.

2. Offline

Possible

If anyone is willing to continue the plugin, i'll grant access to bukkit project and github repository.

XanderCrews01 likes this.
  3. Offline

XanderCrews01

4. Offline

YoshiGenius

Sure, this could be interesting to continue. I may even implement it into my antidrops plugin (if it's alright), but it be credited (up to the dev).

My github username is YoshiGenius. :)

5. Offline

teforn82

My server relies on this plugin for a lot of things, we need someone to take on this plugin!

6. Offline

digitalink2008

I've very glad to see this getting some traction. I wish I could take this on myself but Java is not my chosen language. I'll be glad to help out as much as I can with whomever takes this on. This plugin is used as the centerpiece to our perks structure on my server. Both my players and I love it and would be quite sad to see it fade away.

Possible did a great job with it. Here's to hoping it finds a good home.
    Digi

7. Offline

XanderCrews01

The source code is available at the github if you wish to get started. I do not expect allot of activity from Possible, so it may be best to proceed with a fork. We will see what happens. I hope the dev weighs in on my assumptions, but either way I am glad to see some interest in the continuation of this nice plugin.

8. Offline

Possible

Every one is free to Fork and send Pull Requests. I'm still here, i read most activity about the plugin, but i don't like to active develop and look into bugs.

Every developer can contact me in chat to discuss his activity ;)

9. Offline

XanderCrews01

Thanks for clarifying :)

10. Offline

SSPX

I had some idea of getting a creative server back, and i heard about this plugin for a while. But now that I see the author has decided to take a different route, I'll be more than happy to take over this plugin.

I already own 2 plugins on BukkitDev, so please add me to the GitHub repo: SuperSpyTX is my username.

EDIT: Thank you very much, I'll be working on it.

11. Offline

digitalink2008

Just wanted to say thanks to Xander for taking the time to promote this to willing devs. :)

12. Offline

XanderCrews01

:D