Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by SirStrong134, Feb 22, 2015.
Hi I would like a plugin that could edit essentials in different colors!
@SirStrong134 Essentials has a language yml in the jar, get it out of there, edit it, then put it back.
were is that because I don't see that! All I see is config and things! when I go into the folder!
@SirStrong134 It is in the JAR, the Essentials.jar, it isn't a folder.
I don't know how to code though!
@SirStrong134 You don't need to code. Open it as a regular zip file, extract the language.yml ( or how it is called )
Edit the file.
Put it back in.
And please use the tahg or reply button when responding to somebody.
@timtower Go step by step! I go to the .jar file then I right click it! Then what! How do I extract! I can extract in WinRAR! Just step by step plz!
@SirStrong134 Please don't shorten words.
And then you drag it to your desktop or wherever you want it to be, you change the contents, then you drag it from wherever back into the jar.
@timtower Ok Here is were I mess up! How do I go to the contents!
@SirStrong134 You open the yml with notepad.....
@timtower You said put the .jar file on the desktop, I did that. Now your saying edit it with notepad, I do that, then all these things come up!
@SirStrong134 I said get the language.yml OUT of the jar on the desktop.
@timtower Just go find a video to help me please!
@SirStrong134 Why would I need to find a video for you?
There is a thread on these forums somewhere on how to do it. I don't know where exactly, won't search for it either.
@timtower OK! I go to my plugins folder! Then I find the Essentials.jar What do I do from there!
@SirStrong134 For further help: please search for the thread that I mentioned earlier.
I HAVE BEEN LOOKING OK I CANT FIND ANYTHING!
1. Right click your essentials
2. Open it with winrar
3. Get the language file you want to edit out if it
4. Paste it to your desktop or so
5. Open it with notepad(++) edit what you want to edit (Use §(1-10 etc) to edit colors)
6. Save the file
7. Paste it in the rar file (Step 1 & 2)
8. Run your server
How hard could it be? (Make sure you use the right language file you set in the config)
If you don't have WinRAR, you could also rename the file to "Essentials.zip", find the .yml file inside it, edit it, then rename it back to Essentials.jar.
If you are still having problems do this:
1. Put your Essentials.jar file on your desktop.
2. Right click it and open it with WinRar (Or rename it to Essentials.zip if you dont have winrar)
3. Find the messages_en.properties (Or whatever language you need it in, messages.en is the English one)
4. Drag that to your desktop and open with a text editor program such as notepad or notepad++
5. Edit the messages however you like, you can use uni code colors or the section symbol (§) if your using the section symbol you need to use color codes after it. eg: §1 is dark blue §2 is dark green and so on.
6. Replace in the messages.properties file inside the zip with your new modified one and if you changed the name to Essentials.zip change it back to Essentials.jar
7. Put the modified essentials in your plugins folder and stop/restart the server.
Hope I helper if you need any more help Tahg me and Ill be happy to help!
@XvXRainbowzZ3D This is almost the same..
@SirStrong134 @timtower @MordorKing78 @Freelix2000 @XvXRainbowzZ3D Guys... Look at this page, which tells you to download this file. Once you have that file, you can edit all of the color codes (format is \u00a7<CODE>, where <CODE> is the hexadecimal digit representing the color. Just edit the file, save it, and then reload/restart your server.
And it's not a language.yml, it's a messages.properties.
@nverdier § will be replaced with \u00a7<code> right?
@MordorKing78 No, because the \u00a7 is the code for the §.
Separate names with a comma.