Create a prize for an obstacle course?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by NorthAntrim, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NorthAntrim

So what I've done in my server is create a jumping challenge. At the end of the jumping challenge, you fall down a hole (Your fall is stopped by water). There is a little room there. I want people who get to that room to get a prize (Something like a few diamonds) but I want it so that:

1. The person can do the obstacle course again and again
    2. Every winner gets the same amount

Can anyone recommend anything? Thanks..

Anyone? :-(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  2. Offline

blasterweb

ButtonWarp is perfect for this, but since there's no "item" reward in ButtonWarp, idk how far it would go.

3. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Warp them to an adminium cube with a chest filled with diamonds inside.

4. Offline

blasterweb

Yes, Yes, that's what I also thought of, but then the first player will be able to take all of the diamonds.

5. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Isn't that the point of an obstacle course? Winner takes all :p

6. Offline

blasterweb

Well the OP says, that every winner must get the same amount.

7. Offline

NorthAntrim

Hmmm.. ButtonWarp sounds good. I'll try it out, and if it doesn't work with items, I'll either create a bedrock room with diamonds, or give the player the money he/she needs to purchase diamonds.

8. Offline

desht

Allow me to shamelessly plug my ScrollingMenuSign plugin for this: it allows menus to be created allowing commands to be run by players who click the signs displaying the menus. As an example, you can do this:

Code:
    /sms create rewards &4Reward!
    /sms add rewards "4 Diamonds" "$264,-4" "You get 4 diamonds!"

(&4 in the title there makes the menu title appear red).

Then put a sign in the room, look at the sign, and type

Code:
    /sms sync rewards

Now whenever a player clicks that sign, they get 4 diamonds (item ID 264, and the quantity of -4 gives them to the player - a positive quantity would try to take 4 diamonds).

You can also limit the number of times a player can click the menu, if you want, e.g.

Code:
    /sms uses rewards 5

Then a player could only use that menu 5 times at most.

You can do a lot more with SMS - the docs are at http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/scrollingmenusign/

9. Offline

NorthAntrim

Well, you know something? I've already got that installed! I've always had that on my server :p I love it! I didn't realize it could do that :eek:

Thank You

10. Offline

desht

:)

Although it occurred to me that you'd also need to somehow warp the player out when they click the sign. So the menu command would be like:

Code:
    /sms add "4 diamonds" "$264,-4 /warp ..." "congrats etc"

Where /warp ... ports the player out of the room.

11. Offline

NorthAntrim

BRILLIANT! Now players can do the challenge over and over again! :) Thanks :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.