Solved CraftPlayer{name="username"}

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Eich_, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Eich_

Hello. I've been coding a plugin to format chat, and one of the commands is /pm (standing for Private Message). The problem is that when I use Bukkit.getPlayer(args[0]) (the 0th arg is the player name), the output is "CraftPlayer{name=Eich}" (if you put my username in for the PM.)

I don't know how to fix this, and it's really bothering me. Here's the code.
    Code:
            @Override
            public boolean onCommand(CommandSender sender, Command cmd, String commandLabel, String[] args){
                Player p = Bukkit.getPlayer(sender.getName());
                if (cmd.getName().equalsIgnoreCase("pm"));
                    if (args.length < 2){
                        p.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "Improper Synax! Use /pm (the other player's name) (message)");
                        return false;
                    }
                    if (args.length >= 2){
                        String msg = "";
                        for (int i = 1; i < (args.length); i++) msg+= args[i] + " ";                   
                        Player target = Bukkit.getPlayer(args[0]);

if (target != null){

p.sendMessage(ChatColor.AQUA + "You " + ChatColor.YELLOW + " > " + ChatColor.AQUA + target + ":" + ChatColor.ITALIC + " " + ChatColor.GRAY + msg);
                        target.sendMessage(ChatColor.AQUA + p.getName()  + ChatColor.YELLOW + " > " + ChatColor.AQUA + "You" + ChatColor.ITALIC + ": " + ChatColor.GRAY + msg);
                    }

if (target == null){
                            p.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "Error: That player is no longer online.");
                            return true;

}
            }

return false;

I'm having the problem with the TARGET. Thanks for the help, everyone!

2. @Eich_ Check sender before casting. Do #getName or #getDisplayName to output their name. #getName does their IGN, #getDisplayName does nickname, prefix, suffix etc.

3. Offline

Eich_

@bwfcwalshy, thank you so much! What a silly mistake. It's working perfectly now. :)

4. @Eich_ Please mark this thread as Solved. See here for more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.