Solved Craftbukkit isn't booting with the .bat file.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Viannima, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Viannima

Hello. I recently started to get back into minecraft and wanted to start up a new server. However, it seems that it isn't working. I downloaded the latest version of java and craftbukkit. I put craftbukkit into the server and named it craftbukkit.jar. I then proceeded to make the txt and bat files needed to boot the server. However, when I go to start the sever, I'm getting an error code in the cmd window.

Code:
    C:\Users\Brycecrispy\Desktop\Gaming\Server>"Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin" -Xms1024 -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\Brycecristpy\Desktop\Gaming\Server>PAUSE 
    My .bat file looks like this:

Code:
    "Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    PAUSE
    If you guys could help me out, that would be great. Thank you.

2. Offline

JWhy

Echo OFF
    java -Xms1G -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit.jar
    PAUSE

use that one, if it still doesn't work, please report the error message you see in the console

3. Offline

rtainc

I'm not a Windows User (I'm Mac/Linux) so I'm going off of guesses here, but shouldn't it be

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java|jre7\bin"

4. Offline

JWhy

rtainc: Often they use the full path to the java installation in start.bat files on the web, however many people get a 'path not found' then. The Java set ups set the PATH variable which allows to just use 'java', which I think is quite securer than the path to the default installation directory

5. Offline

Bobcat00

You have a | where you should have a \

6. Offline

h0us3cat

You dont have a hard drive?

JWhy likes this.
  7. Offline

JWhy

He probably has YetAnotherOS

8. Offline

Bobcat00

Oh, you need a slash before Program Files and the actual name of the executable, like this:

"\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

But if you're running a 64-bit OS, you want the 64-bit Java:

"\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

9. Offline

JWhy

Damnit just install the correct java version and use 'java -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit.jar'

10. Offline

Viannima

Okay guys, sorry it took me so long to reply. I was using a code I found in the description of a video, so that's probably why it wasn't correct in the first place.

This is the error code I received:

Code:
    'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Press any key to continue . . . 
    I'm using Windows 7 with Java 7.

11. Offline

Bobcat00

You still didn't say whether you're using 32 or 64-bit Java. Assuming it's 64-bit, you want:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe"

12. Offline

Viannima

I apologize. I have a 64 bit OS, but my java is located in "Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin"

13. Offline

Bobcat00

14. Offline

Viannima

My bat file looks like this now:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    PAUSE
    I ran it and got this error code:

Code:
     C:\Users\Brycecrispy\Desktop\Gaming\Server>"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true
    Error: Could not find or load main class java

15. Offline

Bobcat00

That's still wrong. You have an extra "java" in there. You want:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true

16. Offline

Viannima

Sweet! I got it going thank you.

17. Offline

Bobcat00

How much RAM do you have on this computer? You may want to consider allocating more to the java heap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.