CraftBukkit for Minecraft PE

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by iKiddoDubstepp, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

iKiddoDubstepp

Will CraftBukkit ever be available for Minecraft Pocket Esition? 0.7.4 now contains External Server use, will CraftBukkit be available now so we can create Pocket Edition servers just like Minecraft PC

2. Offline

jordanzilla02

I highly doubt they would do it especially because bukkit is made coded in java not objective-c.

3. Offline

autoit4you

I don't think so, but maybe someone will create a Bukkit PE fork. The main difficulty is that they need to recode parts of the minecraft internals to use the packet defaults of Minecraft PE and not Minecraft PC

4. Offline

LDX

You mean changing TCP to UDP and changing the default port?

PocketMine is written in PHP. As long as they use the same protocols, they can be any two languages.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  5. Offline

bstevenson

Im not sure because bukkit PC is written in java and I believe that Minecraft PE is written in some other coding language but still ive seen public PE servers that have SimpleAuth and SimpleWarp and stuff like that thats what i'm trying to figure out.

6. Offline

iksaku

7. Offline

JWhy

PocketMine is quite sophisticated today, it's not compatible to CraftBukkit (due to being written in PHP and having a quite different API) but should still be fine as a replacement

8. Offline

LDX

Ok, who is Jade and why are they editing my posts??

64ff00 likes this.
  9. Offline

Necrodoom

LDX as a new user, your posts have to be approved by a moderator first. This generates an edit message.

LDX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.