CraftBukkit for Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 now available

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE FOR MINECRAFT RELEASED IN 2013
    Show Spoiler

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (#1000) with Minecraft 1.7.3 support is now available. This new build contains a fix for a huge memory leak (resulting in significantly improved performance), a rudimentary Piston API and a built-in permissions system, among other things (for more information, look at the Recommended Build announcement thread linked below).

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. However, there are possibly changes included in this build that could break some plugins, though this is highly unlikely to happen.

Known Issues:
    • Signs, chests, furnaces, etc. sometimes wipe under certain circumstances. This is a vanilla Minecraft 1.7 bug that we're still investigating.
    For more detailed information on what is contains in this update, please see the Recommended Build announcement thread here:
    http://goo.gl/MVtgK

Updating to this Recommended Build is highly recommended as it contains, among many other things, a fix for a huge memory leak that should result in better performance overall. As always, please backup your server before updating, just in case.

Download CraftBukkit #1000 here

To keep up to date on our latest Recommended Builds we have an RSS feed you can subscribe to:
    http://ci.bukkit.org/other/latest_recommended.rss

2. Offline

MrCamping

I heard there was still a dupe bug with the pistons in MC 1.7.3
    can anyone confirm?
    Doest it also happen with Bukkit b1000?

3. Offline

PaleFlyer

i had been running 2.7.4 as i heard that 3.16 was evil, i had left the permissions.yml blank, but now being told to try installing 3.16... i wasnt sure if bukkit would skip the built in or not. and what probs are u running into with permissions?

4. Offline

7eggert

I tried the two-piston-with-rapid-clock setup on my server using MC client 1.7.3 + CB 1000. I didn't get the duplicator working. I might have duplicated a block of dirt once and never again, but I might just have failed to count my dirt.

I'm using 3.1.5 and I don't seem to have a problem. I didn't update most of my plugins though, so my plugins don't know about built-in permissions.

The server will print a long error message. The first line is the program's view, it tells what CB is trying to do. The next blocks are a log about where it tries to do that, and the third block ("caused by") tells java's view about the problem. Of both the second and the third block we will need to see a few lines in order to help, and I think it's best posted in the according plugin's thread (unless sb else has posted the same bug).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  5. Offline

Robinboy62

my server do crazy can you help, here is the link to see it <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  6. Offline

MrCamping

I've managed to do a dupe machine on b1000.
    It only works for sand et gravel, but still....

7. Offline

Gregorys

After upgrading bukkit to #1000 i got this error in console: 2011-07-24 21:50:10 [INFO] Read timed out, before upgrade it was fine.

8. Offline

Vyrus

*bump*

We have the same problem!

Our Server gots every time a rollback, like 5mins, or in some situations 2hours...

9. Offline

Gregorys

Are the authors bukkit do something about it?

10. Offline

Evenprime

It seems that you are pretty much alone with that problem, so it is likely not a problem with CraftBukkit. Is "read time out" the whole and only message you get? Is there more stuff happening e.g. error messages some seconds/minutes before that?

Here are some steps you could take to help find out where the problem comes from:

- Are you using some wrapper application or script for CraftBukkit? Try running it without that wrapper.
    - Create a new map instead of using the existing map. If it works, your existing map has probably an error in it, preventing some part of it to be read properly.
    - Try running the server without plugins. If it works, one of the plugins is the culprit and you can find out by trial and error which one (remove and readd them one by one)
    - Maybe you are running out of space. Check if there is still enough space left at your backup and main map locations. If you use a virtual hard-drive, check if it really is big enough.

With the little information that you gave here there is nothing that can be done to help you.

11. Offline

Gregorys

I get exactly the same error in console:

Code:
    2011-07-25 16:41:17 [INFO] Connection reset
    2011-07-25 16:41:27 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:41:30 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:41:30 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:41:32 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:41:37 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:41:43 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:42:05 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:42:15 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:42:18 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:42:34 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:42:55 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:42:59 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:43:24 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:43:37 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:43:49 [INFO] Read timed out
    2011-07-25 16:43:50 [SEVERE] null
    java.io.IOException: Input/output error
    	at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Native Method)
    	at jline.Terminal.readCharacter(Terminal.java:99)
    	at jline.UnixTerminal.readVirtualKey(UnixTerminal.java:128)
    	at jline.ConsoleReader.readVirtualKey(ConsoleReader.java:1453)
    	at jline.ConsoleReader.readBinding(ConsoleReader.java:654)
    	at jline.ConsoleReader.readLine(ConsoleReader.java:494)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadCommandReader.run(ThreadCommandReader.java:23)
    2011-07-25 16:43:50 [INFO] Stopping server

12. Offline

Evenprime

Seems like an incompatibility with the console you are using to start CraftBukkit. Can you choose another type of console to run CraftBukkit from? It may be caused by the new feature to have colored console output.

Is here somebody who knows better about how CraftBukkits console works now in #1000 and if/how it can be influenced to do stuff different (e.g. switch it to some kind of compatibility mode)?

13. Offline

7eggert

This is my startup script. It will run the minecraft-server on a screen terminal. In order to see the console, type "screen -x minecraft-server" (or "screen -x" if you have no other sessions").
    HTH
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    set -e
    cd ~/server/
    exec screen -dmS minecraft-server sh -c 'java -Xmx1536M -Xms1536M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar 2>&1'

14. Offline

Gregorys

So I'll use this script as it dispelled my problem? How exactly should I use?

15. Offline

zipfe

Same here.

Everything works great with #1000. No CPU problems, no RAM issues, no problems with any plugin since the moment #1000 was released.

Except for the chest wipe and sign text bug.

Any news from EvilSeph or Dinnerbone on this? EvilSeph mentioned it in the OP, but I haven't seen any news on it, yet.

16. Offline

7eggert

I don't know if it will help for your problems since I started using it before the upgrade (since I want my server to keep runninf if I'm not logged in), but I don't see the read timeout problems on my console.

In order to use this, you should save it to a file (e.g. called minecraft-server) and "chmod +x minecraft-server" in the console. Then you can run the script by typing "./minecraft-server" from the script directory. Your desktop environment should detect this file as an executable (because of chmod +x) and allow you to start it by clicking on it.

You will obviously have to adjust the "~/server" directory to match your minecraft server directory ("~" is replaced with your home directory).

Some distributions will look for a directory called "~/bin" on login and, if it exists, put it into your PATH. If your distribution does that and if you put your script into that directory, you can call it from anywhere by typing "minecraft-server" at the command line or a run program prompt.

HTH

17. Offline

Crysillion

I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with Bukkit as it stands. The situation seems to be thus, and I'd imagine it hardly applies to only just me;

Pre-bukkit #1000, memory leak issues, which are apparent when you have a fairly large server (15~60 online, min~max) and you have no choice but to reboot every 3-4 hours, letting the server go on for any longer and the lag starts to creep up with reputation-crushing strength that fools everyone into thinking my server is just terrible and I don't know what I'm doing, despite there being a rather huge memory leak issues which I commend you guys for because you actually fixed it in Bukkit #1000, or so you say.

I cannot confirm or deny and being in Bukkit #953 has had it's share of follies, but the memory leak issue is becoming a rather large problem. So the obvious answer is to upgrade to Bukkit #1000, right? All problems solved, right?

Wrong.

I'm seriously concerned about upgrading to #1000, I have heard from my host that he has received several tickets about people reporting practically double the RAM usage in Bukkit #1000. Pretty much everyone has had to say "nope, nope sorry, looks like we have to revert back to #953, #1000 is just too unstable". So many people have said this that there's no way it can be looked at bullshit, so when it comes to the trade-offs, I'd much rather have #953, despite the memory leak becoming a hefty annoyance to both me and my players.

Speaking with them, they've understood my situation completely. It's worse in #1000 because, and please don't take this the wrong way, you guys for some reason decided to integrate your own version of Permissions which seemed rather unnecessary and an additional hassle to something that was once so simple and straight-forward.

The whole process of upgrading to #1000, working all of my plugins to work with your Permissions, only to know that I'm taking the risk that I'm going to be one of those unfortunate people with CPU/RAM usage problems is enough for me to simply not wish to update.

This brings on the question. When's the next RB? Please don't tell me it's 1.8, this is a rather serious situation Bukkit is in at the moment. I know you guys work your asses off on this and I'm not saying you suck at your job, I'm just saying that the situation could at the very least call for a patch that fixes whatever may be causing this double usage problem.

Have you guys even been looking into it? What's going on?

18. Offline

Raqn

@Crysillion, I honestly dont know what to say regarding the RAM issues. I have not experienced this.

You DONT HAVE To use the new permissions, I dont. And I would seriously suggest trying #1000, its much better than 953

19. Offline

Macximilian

@Crysillion My answer may be a really short one, but I want to say that I totally understand your point and I know what it means to have a server that eats more RAM than every other does. But I want to say: My server is running without Bukkit Permissions. I'm using the original Permissions 3 plugin and I had many RAM issues with all builds before #1000. But with #1000 this problems have been gone. I know that my Minecraft Bukkit server has a high usage of memory, too - more than every other one. But it has been stable since the release of #1000 now.

20. Offline

Jack Graham

Uhmm can anyone explain this to me it worked before?

Last login: Tue Jul 26 17:45:01 on console
    Kelley-Grahams-iMac:~ kelleygraham$ cd /Users/kelleygraham/Desktop/Server
    Kelley-Grahams-iMac:Server kelleygraham$ java –Xmx2048M –Xms2048M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-1.jar nogui
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ?Xmx2048M
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ?Xmx2048M
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)

21. Offline

Evenprime

Looks like the "-" in your command line are some special characters instead of the normal minus sign. Maybe a copy-paste problem. If you look closely you'll actually see that the "-" before Xmx2048M and Xms2048M are a bit longer than the correct"-" before "jar".

22. Offline

DudeOfAwesome

23. Offline

decebaldecebal

i hava a HUGE problem with bukkit
    when i am on the server i can stay like 5 hours without anything unusual to happen
    but when i exit the game i also restart the server (using RestartNow) to clear RAM, after i get back on the server (after 45 minutes) the console just says Read Time Out!Is this a bukkit problem or RestartNow problem?
    Here is my server.log:

Attached Files:

24. Offline

OrtwinS

Thank you Bukkit Team!

Just got back from vacation... and found this pleasent suprise!
    Craftbukkit 1k, feels good.

Thank you guys for confiming the new permission system is not obligated, so I can safely update and figure it out later to make a smooth transition.

25. Offline

7eggert

1) Do you need to clear the RAM?
    2) If you run on linux/Unix, maybe you can try my start script (see above in thread).
    3) maybe the CB developers can make CB exit with a different exit code, so a start script can distinguish stop-to-be-restarted from a normal shutdown.

26. Offline

Evenprime

27. Offline

7eggert

If one of these helps, maybe you can start CB from the console or start script using "TERM=vt100 java ..."

28. Offline

decebaldecebal

The script doesn't work
    PS:i think the problem is solved..i deleted RestartNow

29. Offline

ledhead900

Wall 0 Text
    Show Spoiler

I'm more worried about minecraft as whole than bukkit so far our server is corrupt right now with an endless battle of that bloody sign and chest bug that wipes both and spreads like the freaking plague. It so bad now that almost all the heavy traffic areas of the map are corrupted with this bug.

IMO and I really have no other way to put this esp to notch other than this "WTH HAVE U DONE!" secondly how on earth has this not been acknowledged by the minecraft team and quick patched its been long enough and this is a now known bug in fact its I'm going to call this a game breaking bug as it really is. Now look I know a lot of probably won't call this garbage but in my eyes if chests don't work and signs don't work the game is 100% not stable for MP use and thus is broken.

I can't rely on my signs or chests anymore as there a massive chance they wont last a week before being corrupted by this stupid game breaking issue that apparently existed since 1.7 vanilla.

I don't suffer any of those RAM issues a lot of you are kicking a stink about my advice to you is to check your jar arguments and get of "953" the versions after 980 Fix the ram leaks and I tried a lot of the developer versions past 953 so seriously you only have your selves to blame for your ram issues.

If your going to stick to 953 your going to have the ram issue end of story so as bad as this sounds please stop posting about your ram issues the fix is there go get it and stop whining. most of the post 953 won't break your plugins it's mainly added events and hooks and fixes.

Anyway back to this game breaking bug, I'm extremely angry with the bukkit staff esp @EvilSeph and not coz they have not fixed the issue yet but the fact he completely ignored me despite posting on here that he was interested in finding out who has it then just being completely rude and ignoring my response.

" If anyone experiencing this bug post and let us know, we currently do not know much about it and don't have the issue to test for it" - Rough interpretation of what was said some pages back.

Well I have the bug and you would KNOW this if u would have had the decency to reply to my PM explicitly giving you permissions to come onto our server as Admin to run tests on infected areas. I don't know why I bother trying to help as it appears any form of formal contact gets ignored. I'd probably have better luck getting a response from notch by posting on his twitter " I have spoken to notch prev using this method"

What was I supposed to do post my response here and get it lost - buried under the mindless chatter. If you make a call out asking for people effected to un-controllable extent. I'm not sure of the rules on PM staff but I would assume this classes as fairly decent reason to make contact.

It's been over 2 weeks since I posted that PM not a single response not even a "bugger off" response, That is not the kind of attitude I would expect from someone who appeared to be in need of servers with the bug to come forward about it.

Well whats done is done and if you don't reply to this post than good luck with the it I suppose but I'm tanking my offer around directly to notch instead he appears to listen quite well when you catch him on twitter. I'm pretty sure some formal contact would get this issue some love.

I might as well leave you guys with ram issues a present tho.
    PHP:
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -server -Xmn250M -Xmx3G  -Xincgc -Xss15m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC  -XX:ParallelGCThreads=-XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=400  -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90  -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -cp  BiomeTerrain.jar;craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar  org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main nogui
    Remove the -cp stuff if don't need it and adjust what u have to! good luck :)

30. Offline

Kaikz

Maybe if you had better grammar skill and weren't such an asshole, people wouldn't go insane cause they attempted to read this clusterfuck of text.

31. Offline

EvilSeph

I am very glad you tagged me in this post, as I would have missed the PM otherwise. The problem is my inbox is constantly receiving PMs from people asking for help with Bukkit plugins, asking me to setup their server, asking me to make them a plugin - all things better suited to being posted on the forum and getting a wider audience and nothing that would require special attention from me, yet the amount of time it takes to go through them all adds up incredibly quickly. If people could understand that I simply cannot realistically provide that level of support and would stop sending me PMs that weren't important, it wouldn't take me forever to go through them...

If something is incredibly important, you'd be better off contacting me 'in real time' over IRC or emailing me asking me to take a look at your PM.

As for the tip you provided, please read the following post for my thoughts on things like this:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/op...feedback-thx-updated.25994/page-3#post-493421

My apologies for missing your important PM. I'll most likely have to devise some sort of system to minimise the impact it has when people send me unimportant PMs, as this is getting ridiculous.

razoreqx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.