CraftBukkit for Minecraft Beta 1.7.3 now available

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE FOR MINECRAFT RELEASED IN 2013
    Show Spoiler

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (#1000) with Minecraft 1.7.3 support is now available. This new build contains a fix for a huge memory leak (resulting in significantly improved performance), a rudimentary Piston API and a built-in permissions system, among other things (for more information, look at the Recommended Build announcement thread linked below).

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. However, there are possibly changes included in this build that could break some plugins, though this is highly unlikely to happen.

Known Issues:
    • Signs, chests, furnaces, etc. sometimes wipe under certain circumstances. This is a vanilla Minecraft 1.7 bug that we're still investigating.
    For more detailed information on what is contains in this update, please see the Recommended Build announcement thread here:
    http://goo.gl/MVtgK

Updating to this Recommended Build is highly recommended as it contains, among many other things, a fix for a huge memory leak that should result in better performance overall. As always, please backup your server before updating, just in case.

Download CraftBukkit #1000 here

To keep up to date on our latest Recommended Builds we have an RSS feed you can subscribe to:
    http://ci.bukkit.org/other/latest_recommended.rss

2. Offline

mpcg

Every time i try to play.. it's keeps on come up with..

" Connection Loctions wrong: net.minecraft.EntrieChicken"
    What the hell is that about

3. Oh they annoy me something fierce. Which is why I'd be happy to watch a few of their servers crash and burn. Of course they'd just come complaining here, still not understanding their own part in the fault, but at that point it's either laugh or cry, and children don't make me cry any more.
    There's no ETA that I'm aware of.
    Well I may not know what that's about, but it sounds like the chickens are restless.

4. Offline

kaze

well like i said i have an up to date and everything version of bukkit 1.81 that runs mods current/backwards compatible that im willing to share i just need to upload it...its just a shame the bukkit devs havent gotten this far by now

5. Offline

AegisZephyr

Just a bit of an "annoyed rant/cheerleading support for the Bukkit team". If I knew how to code, I'd be glad to help the bukkit team out. I can still do troubleshooting though and post error messages for them though. Something we should all do to help them out IMO.

And no, there is not yet an RB for 1.8.1 just yet. I wouldn't be surprised if 1.8.2 comes out soon and sets the Bukkit team back a few steps though -.-

6. Offline

kaze

well if i could speak withe team directly soon to show them some of the errors, than yes that would be a viable thing to do, but on the flipside at least can do everything an official build can:)

7. Cool thanks, Ill keep an eye out for the RB - and keep in mind...that the point of a forum is to bug and ask questions... they set up a seperate forum for posting "bugs and/or errors" - Cant expect people to stay quiet when they are given a microphone -

Im enjoying playing this in Vanilla anyway... keeps everyone on an equal playing field... well .... keeps the less creative from being gods...lol....

8. Offline

soul_shot_fire

i keep cing RB what dose Rb mean?!!!

9. Release Build. Meaning the build is accepted to be pretty stable.

10. Offline

soul_shot_fire

oooooh k thakz

11. Offline

jsteele726

Eh, it always gets me to see people get so antsy about a RB for Bukkit. The team has put in a ton of effort in the past to release a reliable product, and I have faith it will be the same way this time, so I firmly believe that good things will come to those who wait. In the meantime, my server can play 1.7.3 or they can update and play SP. Doesn't bother me any.

12. Offline

Khalysto

Not that I share this perspective but, what about people that have regularly donated to the bukkit team? When they ask about ETR for Recommended Builds, should they also be looked upon with the same distaste and bile?

=Khalysto=

13. Offline

kaze

i concur, and like i stated above, i have fixed the missing pieces so it is as "Official" as it gets, unless your looking for a "Sticker" to slap on it for all the people who want to see its a RB, but wouldn't you look for SOME input when someone is already at the finish line?

14. Offline

maehze

yeah, it's always the same.
    hopefully mojang implements the api engine soon (and commits some performance stuff - my server runs on a ramdisk with a 5-minute disk-synch :-/)

bravo would be a nice alternative: https://github.com/MostAwesomeDude/bravo/issues?labels=Beta+Compatibility
    since it's not close to be finished, it's useless :S

15. Offline

AegisZephyr

There is a huge difference between constructive criticism and outright douchebaggery. If you do contribute and are patient. then that attitude is not reserved for you. As I said before, this is a free service in which they all donate their own time and resources. Just because you donate does not entitle you to act like a spoiled child. As I said before, it's all about attitude. Just like the people that pay for the beta version of minecraft, they act as though Mojang should be their personal waitstaff. I understand people have questions and comments, but some people go about them in very poorly thought out ways. There is a difference between helpful complaining and angry complaining. Yes, it is all right to ask if there is an ETA on an RB, but NOT when dozens of others have already done this and have been responded to. Also note on donations, you are NOT paying them, but merely dropping them some extra appreciation for their work. It is not much different than the street musician. You don't give them money so they can be your personal bard, you pay them because you appreciate their work and want them to continue.

16. Offline

soul_shot_fire

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the craft server 1.8 fever has got me it's like caben fever but wit servercraft 1.8

17. Offline

kjab

So I've been out of the community for a while and I just want to say thanks to all the devs. 1.8.1 has a huge amount of changes so it only makes sense that it is taking a long time to get all the bugs worked out for a RB. I can't wait (but I will patiently) for the new release.

18. Actually - RB is Recommended Build (Its the official "Released" build but it is the "Recommended" build

19. Whoops. You are correct. I didn't catch my own mistake. Thanks. :)

20. Offline

Windlord

I really can't help but wonder why people are asking what RB stands for when a quick look at http://bukkit.org/ lets you know that there is a list of Recommended Builds available.

Probably the same reason why people ask for 1.8.1 right after someone else has,
    and the same reason why people demand more information for having given tokens of appreciation.

:(

PS. If you notice, Bukkit has never been released.

21. Offline

TheLimaBeanman

I do wonder when Bukkit Build 1.8.1 is going to be out.

22. Offline

larsy1995

You can use builds other than recommended ya know.

23. Offline

XGfr0sty

a few of the test builds work.. but one of them adds weight to the armor right now... so you cant jump or run smoothly.. (dunno what one yet, ad the owner has gone MIA) :p

24. Offline

alexanderpas

When It's Done.™

25. When comes the new craftbukkit 1.8.1????????
    i hope fast cuz i want to run my server again..

26. Offline

m5k

Just run 1170 its stable. Can't wait for a recommended build though, need them plugin updates.

Your server is 1130 from the jenkins page. What are you bragging about?

It's been working since the 1100 build without crashing. My server's been up as 1.8.1 the day it was released with jenkins nightly build.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  27. Offline

MattB82

Could someone tell me where I could get this build for Minecraft 1.8 and if plugins such as Terrain Editing programs work with it yet? Any answer would be appreciated :D

28. Offline

kaze

landbrush and voxelsniper do work and so do most mods, as for a download m5k could do a better job of helping with that then i could

29. Offline

Phaedrus

@kaze
    Please do not advertise unofficial builds. You have been warned. (Thanks for reporting yourself by the way)

If you have bug fixes, why not submit them with a pull request?

If you want a working bukkit build you can find them here: http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/
    Just be warned that they are not recommended builds yet as bugs are still being fixed. So backup your worlds.

30. Offline

soul_shot_fire

any1 point me to dev bukkit bug tracking

31. Offline

Rundle

uhh sorry but your wrong, it means recommended build. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.