CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.2 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Since Minecraft 1.7.2 was released on October 25th we've been putting in a ridiculous amount of work non-stop towards a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.2 and I am happy to finally be able to announce that we now have development builds available. We strongly suggest that you only use this build if you would like to help us get a Beta build out sooner and are experienced with using unsupported development builds.

WARNING: Minecraft 1.7.2 is an update that requires clients to update before being able to connect.

What is a Development Build?
    A Development build is provided AS IS and COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED. You should only be running these builds if you are completely aware of how to properly make use of them. Support requests of ANY KIND will be removed without warning. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Minecraft 1.7 is one of the most involved updates to date, with Mojang having touched a reported ~220k+ lines of code. As a result, a significant amount of the code base has shifted making it difficult to ensure any stability with regards to our API. That being said, it is difficult to determine if plugins will be breaking with our 1.7.2 update and the state of the API in our earlier development builds should NOT be relied upon in any way.

Known Issues:
    • None
    Download the development build CraftBukkit 1.7.2-R0.1-SNAPSHOT here

2. Offline

Acer_Mortem

Congratulations!

3. Offline

Mitch229

Woot! We have waited patiently for the first bukkit dev build of 1.7.2

4. Offline

martymeep

Finally it's out! Great job team, I know you've been working hard to make this happen!

5. Offline

BensDaMan

OMG I LOVE YOU! <3

6. Offline

fromgate

Thank you! Bukkit team is great! :)

krlmisha and BensDaMan like this.
  7. Offline

Alshain01

Great work guys. Thank you very much. I will start checking my plugins right away.

8. Offline

Lildirt

Great work, but I wouldn't touch this dev build with a ten-foot-pole, especially because 1.7.3 is apparently around the corner.

Oh well. Incoming hell for all developers! :p

9. Offline

justcool393

Oh. But the only thing I saw was the flower duplication glitch (at least on the MC wiki).
    Okay. Disregard what I said.
    EvilSeph Amazing job with the update. Much more stable than I planned for.

10. Offline

MineXXCrafter12

Hello. I have found one bug in this development build buttons/pressure plates can't open doors

11. Offline

xbenas

I came bukkits. Thanks! [diamond]

12. Thanks! Bukkit FTW

13. Offline

Enzer

No, you were right originally. 1.7.3 clients will be compatible with 1.7.2 servers. Dinnerbone tweeted about this already: "Reverted the protocol changes, made 1.7.3 compatible with 1.7.2.".

I don't know where people are getting that it won't be compatible when the devs say it will. :confused:

14. Offline

krisss18

Wow,
    Nice work Bukkit team!

15. Offline

Gravity

Please post bug reports to leaky.bukkit.org so that we can keep track of and fix them! Thanks very much for your support!

16. Offline

Georgeto

Thank you!

17. Offline

RedComputer

FINALLY! Official Bukkit for 1.7.2/1.7.3 and say bye to Spigot just for 1.7.2 Bukkit that is protocol hack.

18. Offline

mattoo64

congratulations to the Bukkit dev team, you guys make an amaaaazing work !!

A bunch of thanks for all your involvement that we DO appreciate :D

19. Offline

nette18

Nyce ! but the setblock command is not present :/

20. Offline

jnrprimo

Hey guys great job seems to work no plugins on my server are down as far as I know, I think there is a glitch with pressure plates and doors (Pressure plates will not open any doors)

MC.JNRP.CO.UK ( 1.7.2 )

21. Offline

GrimTheReaper

Thank you all so much for working hard on this! I will be using this and I will make sure to report any bugs that I find! Again, great work! <3

22. Offline

MeToYouShKa

Really great work, but there are no /summon, /setblock, /testforblock...

23. Offline

Rprrr

Great job!

24. Offline

GermanCoding

So, 1.7.2 ist here! Good job team! Now I got some work this Sunday :) Updating 6 Plugins, check them and check all the other 46 plugins :)

25. Offline

fbs1997

Good job guys! I'm so thankful! :)

26. Offline

Zittla

TY you guys alot for your hard work and this is rly nice so far none known issues only that some plugins arent working but that is expected haha ty so much :p

27. Offline

Achille911

Hi all, and first of all, i feel sorry if my english is not so good.

I've started playing with bukkit like 2 years ago, and i must say that the work you all do is awesome, not only the dev team, but the community aswell making so many plugins.

I really want to thank the dev team, without them, we couldn't play that awesome mod, and the community too, for making all the plugins and support that fantastic server mod.

A huge thanks, bukkit!

krlmisha likes this.
  28. Offline

mack2540

Yaaay!!! Good work guys

29. Offline

Azektro

Thanks guys all your hard work ! Good job :)

30. Offline

edvinsdainis

gj, realy good job for first build, seems like some plugins dont like it, but np, ater time i had crash, but i restarted it and it keeps fine dor now, the core is essentials - they brake, and no prob with permisons plugins, so keep un good job

31. brilliant and thanks for all the hard work guys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.