CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.4 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.4 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

As of this post, we've shifted development over to Minecraft 1.6.4 compatibility and now have development builds available. We strongly suggest that you only use this build if you would like to help us get a Beta build out sooner and are experienced with using unsupported development builds. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

WARNING: Minecraft 1.6.4 is an update that requires clients to update before being able to connect.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. Unless we specifically have to break plugins or the plugins you are using are employing inappropriate practises, most plugins should work without needing an update whenever we put out a new release.

What is a Developer Build?
    A Developer build is provided AS IS and COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED. You should only be running these builds if you are completely aware of how to properly make use of them. Support requests of ANY KIND will be removed without warning. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

Known Issues:
    • None

2. Offline

cseraphi

If you haven't explored your Nether enough to find any forts, then there's probably not much to worry about. But to be safe, once you get 1.6.4 do a lot of wandering around :)

I'm a little weirded out by 1.6.4, honestly. It's a development build, but we're being advised to upgrade to it anyway. If it's considered stable and you want everyone to run it, shouldn't it be a 'recommended'?

3. Offline

Bobcat00

I've been running 1.6.4 for weeks. It seems mostly fine. But I just run the server, I don't play the game. I've only been to The Nether once for about 60 seconds. So I have no idea where the players may have or haven't gone. Therefore, I have no idea how to ensure explored areas are reloaded under 1.6.4.

There should be a standalone conversion program which goes through all the .mca files and re-saves everything properly.

4. Offline

NathanWolf

Would running something like dynmap in full update mode take care of migrating a map for you?

I mean, essentially what that does is go through your worlds and load up every chunk, right?

5. Offline

adamwbb

well this wont go into beta or recommended since mojang is working on 1.7 this update ws jsut a patch to prepare for 1.7

6. Offline

egroeg555

Good question, but I suspect Dynmap doesn't actually "load" the chunks as the server does when a player visits them. It just reads the region files.

My plan at this point is to port around with the worldedit compass to cover most of the area, and then see if I can delete the many of the long explored trails extending out from the centrally explored areas. I remember deleting regions in the past, but I don't remember what tool I used.

7. Offline

Bobcat00

8. Offline

smartie

Will there be a recommended Minecraft 1.6.4 build?

We're still on 1.5.2 waiting for a stable release to update to... and I NEED horses dammit :D

9. Offline

NathanWolf

Hm- I don't *think* it'd be that hard to make a plugin that TP's you to every chunk, waiting til it loads before moving on ... is this something people need/want?

10. Offline

Spongey

I really think people wouldn't use that.

NathanWolf likes this.
  11. Offline

Bobcat00

Mojang is probably going to release 1.7 at Minecon on November 2-3.

12. Offline

Zethariel

smartie
    1.6.2 is stable, and it's the horse update. You can safely update to that :3

13. Offline

EvilJackCarver

It's looking more like 25th October if all goes well. [Source]

Anyway, can hardly wait until a Beta comes out, been working with a friend to map out where the Fortress was and now we know where we'll need to go when it comes out (that or regen the nether)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.