CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.4.6 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A CraftBukkit development build with Minecraft 1.4.6 compatibility is now available!

This build is COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED so if you're not ready to deal with any bugs or issues that might crop up from running a development build, you should not be running it. We will be deleting any questions asking how to get this usable. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

If you're okay with running, are able to run a development build and want to help us get to a beta and RB sooner, please run this build and report any bugs you find on our issue tracker, Leaky. Please remember, the quality of this build is simply "it compiles!".

Known Issues:
    • Monsters, villagers, etc. using portals (added in Minecraft 1.4) has been temporarily disabled.

2. Offline

Coelho

I don't think any update has been more painful since 1.2...

3. Offline

Dgauss

I just started running a server again and for some reason this post made me think finding the patch would be a lot harder then it was.
    Can someone point me to the line number they feel the monster porting is spawning from or do we just not have a clue?

EDIT: Heads up. When if first loads prepare for issues if you have global shop,factions, and bPermsissions. EcoCreature and iConomy seem ok.

4. Offline

mikelanding

NCP broke, Ptweaks broke, BKCommonLib broke, theres a few more plugins that broke. I'm sticking with 1.4.5 R1.0

5. Offline

TnT

Personally, for my server, I found 1.3 much more challenging than 1.4.6.

I'm running 1.4.6 on my server now. Note: She has bugs. I don't recommend everyone update like I have. I'm a wee bit... crazy sometimes.

6. Offline

Pickerbenny

Nice Job Bukkit Love The Dev Build I Have No Complaints. Infact i think this build is better than the old 1.4.5 dev build. Once Again, Thanks Bukkit Team.

-Pickerbenny

7. Offline

ViscosityAE

Books do not enchant on my server>?

8. Offline

Coelho

I had to update 15 different servers with the most obscure plugins ever. It was not fun.

9. Offline

aviator14

I meant the regular changes to NMS itself, not the versioning. Nothing wrong with using those plugins either... unless you don't read the OP and/or don't know how they work.

Also @Comphenix hope it didn't sound like I was ripping on your plugin.

10. Offline

fashizzles

I never have an issue with Dev Builds. By the way guys, if you don't know how to find the build or download it, you shouldn't be running Bukkit. Just saying.

11. Offline

WeaselBuilds

Works great, had 4 plugins but found 3 updated to work with 1.4.6! Yay! Can't wait till BETA Build! No errors and runs perfectly.

12. Offline

Blue___Moon

Yup. On my server pvp doesn't work, either. Guess we'll have to wait till a better build comes along, hm?

13. Offline

HalomostGull3

good job bukkit keep up the great work

14. Offline

Phoenix_8754

I guess so, Ive actually found another thing (if anyone else wants to test it) but Im not able to make a new world with CB 1.4.6 it will just spam all these Class errors or Entity errors, and wont generate the world. Very odd, Im glad bukkit can make builds within 3 hours now rather than 3-5 days, but I think I would rather wait the days then have a shaky version :/ But oh well, I couldnt program it any better so I guess I shouldnt complain

What CB version number are you using? Every 1.4.6 version I try are broken.... and what plugins are working for you? I think world edit is causing some of my problems

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
    sergantblue likes this.
  15. Offline

RebzO1

try updating again when i just did and it works now

MASSIVE THUMBS UP to the bukkit team as always the majority of us who love and rely on your work appreciate your efforts. Immensely pleased with the speed of this release.

Ikx_1 likes this.
  16. Offline

shrink99

All of us love what bukkit do its just very rarely like now they make a mistake thats all

17. Offline

brinaq

This dev build is not supported, so you don't post glitches. However, you are encouraged to post glitches for Beta Builds.
    Look here:

18. Offline

Bil0203

Thank you :D

19. Offline

sergantblue

Just downloaded the build. The enchanted books work and the fireworks work great, no problem. The build seems perfect! Maybe just bugs?

20. Offline

Craftkaan

Hey guys

Thanks for the great work and the hurry update! I know you dont take questions and so on on this 1.4.6 dev build BUT i would like to inform that right after 1.4.2 and up to now i have had huuuuge cpu spikes and unbelivable ram usage.
    We thought it might have been some plugins but kept updating all dev versions. Suddently there was some builds where everything was normal. 15% cpu and 15% ram (as it was before the 1.4.2) but a few builds after we had 100% on both again.

I would just ask if you guys was aware of the huge cpu and ram usage and ask if there will come any solution in the future.

We have tested with clean server and it still uses more cpu and ram than it should, and after few hours it hit max.

Its really hard to explain without anyone get the thought "its the plugins" but we have seen dev builds where everything goes back to normal.

I really hope you guys already know this and maybe also soon have a solution for it?

Kind regard
    mcadv

21. Offline

Kill3rBlack

Works fine with ChatManager on my server :/

22. Offline

MackenzieW

where is the DL link... i cant find it WTF

23. Offline

Kill3rBlack

Not sure if this is a Minecraft problem, or a devbukkit problem. Ive noticed occasionally, that if i hold a firework and hit the Inventory key, I die, and it displays in chat that i have died ( 3 times). Just thought you'd like the heads up.

24. Offline

Kiwi_EXE

This build is pretty great. One major bug is The End chunks being all glitchy, it just basically annihilates The End making it unusable but still, very good job guys

25. Offline

djl0st12

I just wanted to weigh in.
    By far one of the smoothest updates I've had in some time. I just wanted to mention, To those who are updating to the dev build, starting your server, seeing errors, freaking out, and coming here to post... " DO NOT USE THIS BUILD! IT DOES NOT WORK" or "PEX DOESNT WORK", plain and simple... stop it. Until you have invested the time and effort to verify there are no working bleeding edge or dev builds of a plugin, until you've checked the page for each of your broken plugins ( where the author almost certainly has posted information on how to get back running), do not post in this thread that the build is broken. As many others have stated, with a minimal amount of effort, verifying versioning compatability, etc, this build is running fine. Yes many plugins are broken entirely. Nocheatplus has no solution for fixing it. So be it. Find an alternative or wait it out. Do not blame the bukkit team, do not blame the plugin developer, do not blame your host, do not blame mojang. This is simply the way it works. It has been since day 1 of bukkit. Relax, take a breath, realize your world will not end if you have to do without a few plugins for a few days, and thank bukkit for their efforts.

26. Offline

InsaneJ

Thanks for the hard work guys. Getting updates out the door so quickly, even though it's still very much in development, is just awesome! :D

27. Offline

Mikalpark

Some errors by the stop and start load of my server, however please note to BACKUP THE END!!
    It will update not well, however if you reset the end by deleting the map files it will have failed chunks.

However if you use The End a lot, I don't recommend to update yet.

28. Offline

MackenzieW

there isnt a link on here, nor have i been using bukkit for along time, thanks smart ass

29. Offline

EditsHD

worldguard seems to be not enjoying the new build eather

30. Offline

Rprrr

God.. you could also just search on the website.. perhaps it's at the downloads? Hint, hint.

jjacobson likes this.
  31. Offline

Compupower

Awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.