Craftbukkit 617 lost inventory

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by faroutmat, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

faroutmat

My friend updated our server, and when he logged in to check it all of his inventory was gone. I then logged in and found my 64x2 blocks of coal were also M.I.A. we are the only two on our server btw. We are both Minecraft Veterans and have never seen this happen before in any of the other updates to our server and or client side accounts.

Extra Info (Server)
    Linux kyle-server 2.6.35-27-generic-pae #48-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 22 21:46:58 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
    java version "1.6.0_20"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.7) (6b20-1.9.7-0ubuntu1)
    OpenJDK Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

We also have a few plugins installed but all are compatible amongst each other.

Does anyone have any ideas, or such?
    Thank you for your time
    Mine with Pride
    faroutmat

2. Offline

kmccmk9

**Bump** I have the same problem. How can I fix this?

3. Offline

Plague

inventory is stored in world/players/<name>.dat
    maybe those are missing or named differently? otherwise it should work.

4. Offline

faroutmat

The correct file names of the world/players/<name>.dat are in the right places. I'm not sure what could be wrong. It's very strange. Hate to ask this but do you or anyone else have any other ideas?

5. Offline

kmccmk9

Is it possible for them to be restored then? Or does the game make backups of them like it makes backups of the level.dat files?

6. Offline

Paah

Just use /give to get them back >_>

7. Offline

faroutmat

Our server has a cheat-blocking plug-in and thus /give won't work. We could enable it but we'd rather not cheat.

8. Offline

kexus

Its not really cheating, since you already earned them. And a cheat-blocking plugin wont stop /give, because its a command, not a cheat.

9. Offline

faroutmat

ok. We'll use the /give command for now, but in the future is there anyway to get the things back? or a way to prevent it from happening again?

10. Offline

kmccmk9

Ya because when this happened to me I didnt even remember everything I had in my inventory

11. Offline

kexus

Well, maybe make a backup of your /world/players folder before you update, to make sure they don't get messed up.

12. Offline

faroutmat

Sounds like a plan. Next time we'll be ready. It's a shame all those naturally mined resources will be lost forever. Anyway thanks for all your help everyone :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.