CraftBukkit 1.7.9-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.7.9-R0.1) that provides Minecraft 1.7.9 compatibility is now available. Please note: the stability of this build is relatively unknown due to the impact Minecraft 1.7 had on the core code.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Minecraft 1.7 is one of the most involved and impactful updates to date, bringing about many changes to the core of Minecraft. As a result, there is a chance that plugins might break with this build. Even if that isn't the case, we have not completed work on API changes for 1.7 yet so future builds might still break plugins.

What is a Beta build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

This particular Beta build, like every first few Beta builds for a Minecraft update, is primarily made available to help facilitate more testing coverage to bring us closer to a Recommended Build sooner. Please consider running this Beta build to give us a hand with discovering issues we need to address in order to reach a Recommended Build.

Support for Minecraft's new UUID system
    The biggest and most notable change included in CraftBukkit 1.7.9-R0.1 is finalised support for Minecraft's new UUID system. We highly recommend that ALL Server Admins read my previous article on The Switch to UUIDs and follow the advice outlined there to ensure you're ready for the switch to the new UUID system and the upcoming support for name changes.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.7.9-R0.1 here

2. Offline

harry10potter

Testing my plugin with it now! :D It originally worked with 1.7.9 client anyways.

3. Offline

Gamecube762

Now I can start working on updating my server to 1.7.9

4. Offline

harry10potter

Already done :p

5. Offline

TnT

Great job team!

Please remember, if you need assistance - seek it on the Bukkit Help forum, posts on this announcement looking for assistance will be deleted.

6. Offline

evilmidget38

TnT You weren't the first reply, I'm disappointed.

lukegb, ZeusAllMighty11 and mbaxter like this.
  7. Offline

chaseoes

Great work!

8. Offline

jthort

I can never get the first reply....Anyway nice job guys

9. Offline

Searchndstroy

Brilliant work!

10. Offline

Gamecube762

I'm not sure, but I think TnT was a bit exited:
    [​IMG]

evilmidget38 likes this.
  11. Offline

TnT

Just trying to keep up with everything is all. Had a few hours tonight to dedicate to Bukkit, so wanted to take care of a few things.

12. Offline

Zethariel

Will there be a recommended build of this, or will we be waiting for 1.8?

13. Offline

ThaSourceGaming

14. Offline

LordofGoats

So just to double check, can I download this beta without having to worry about the UUID switch? In other words, should I prepare my server and plugins for UUIDs before I download 1.7.9, or am I able to work all that out later (before 1.8)?

15. Offline

Bobcat00

16. Offline

Evil_Lemnz

Crap... my server auto updated and crashed everything while i was sleeping release 1.7.2 recommended ASAP PLEASE

17. Offline

Bobcat00

That's why I have auto-updates turned off. And there will never be a recommended build of 1.7.2.

18. Offline

jacklin213

horray tyvm everyone from the bukkit team, ya'll worked hard :D

19. Offline

TG10

Awesome!

20. Offline

Relicum

Great work. Thanks for all the hard work and effort.

21. Offline

LordofGoats

22. Offline

Novice

Thanks! I'm using it right now. Good job.

23. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

24. Offline

JayHDGaming

Will there be an alternative download for this until the services are back online? If not can someone who has the new jar contact me. Thank You.

Gwenselah likes this.
  25. Offline

Donut man

I am having problems with downloading the craftbukkit and i tried for the past day or so and nothing has changed so could you see about what is happening? thx

26. Offline

JaguarJo

27. Offline

TnT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.