CraftBukkit 1.4.7-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.4.7-R0.1) that provides Minecraft 1.4.7 compatibility is now available.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine, with the exception of plugins that use Minecraft or CraftBukkit code.

Important Note: this Beta Build contains a new safeguard to protect servers against unchecked and thus potentially damaging plugins. See the announcement here for more information:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sa...cked-and-potentially-damaging-plugins.116749/

What is a Beta build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

This particular Beta build, like every first Beta build for a Minecraft update, is primarily made available to help facilitate more testing coverage to bring us closer to a Recommended Build sooner. Please consider running this Beta build to give us a hand with discovering issues we need to address in order to reach a Recommended Build.

Known Issues:
    • Monsters, villagers, etc. using portals (added in Minecraft 1.4) has been temporarily disabled.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.4.7-R0.1 here

2. Offline

drtshock

That was already fixed. Update to the latest dev :)

3. Offline

aa1202

Thanks man!

4. Offline

Phoenix_8754

Thanks!

5. Offline

God_Fear

So is bukkit dead?

Known Issues:
    • Monsters, villagers, etc. using portals (added in Minecraft 1.4) has been temporarily disabled.

Hasn't been a recommend build since last year, beta build is buggy and can't work as a production server what gives? Is bukkit just a dead issue right now? Should we look to something else? Is there something else?

Is it just that hard to find programmers that can make it work? Can't hire someone? I mean what is the case? Why does it take months and months and months to get a production update out? Am I missing something?

Do we run beta versions and just tell our members to deal with it? What is the state of Bukkit?

6. Offline

TnT

God_Fear
    There are two known rather visible bugs in the latest Beta - creating beds and creating Golems - neither of which I'd consider a reason to not use the Beta (both of which are fixed in subsequent dev builds).

As for entities travelling through portals, we have dev builds out that make that work as well. Up until recently there have been server crashing bugs with entity portal travel. You are welcome to submit a pull request if you feel you can do better. You are also more than welcome to create your own server modification if you feel you're skilled enough to complain about people doing all this work in their free time. The Bukkit team works hard updating Minecraft and fixing bugs to provide the best, most extensible, server mod available to the community 100% free of charge. I wouldn't say a lack of creating golems and entities not travelling through portals as a sign of Bukkit being "a dead issue".

Bukkit is alive and well and you're welcome to submit code to make it better.

7. Offline

batbat

Where's mah 1.4.7-R0.2? My medical bay on my spaceship needs beds darn it! :D

One other thing I ran into recently is that I can no longer use Essentials commands like /day, /night, /sun, /rain in a command block, though they work if I enter them manually. I'm GUESSING this isn't directly a Bukkit issue. More likely it is either the MC client or the essentials plugin, but I was wondering if anyone can confirm my suspicion. Is it possible that something was missed on the Bukkit end? I know I was able to do it in MC 1.5 or there abouts. But now only Vanilla commands will work with command blocks.

edit: never mind. There was a stealth update to Essentials. All good now.

8. Offline

RiotShielder

So... I am assuming there won't be another RB before the Redstone update.... Can't we just like grab the buggiest build and promote it already! :p

9. Offline

izzul ikhwan

Thanks!! Good Work :D

10. Offline

ocram10

GREAT WORK!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. Offline

CoZmicShReddeR

Hey thanks so far it's amazing and working great!

12. Offline

Maltheus

Could we please have one of those subsequent dev builds promoted to the next beta then (since it seems like the last has a number of now fixed issues)? I was just getting used to betas being the new RBs, but I think it's too much to ask server owners to guess which is the most stable dev build to use. Thanks!

13. Offline

TnT

Maltheus
    When it is ready, it will be promoted.

14. Offline

ebear

I have noticed a bug, being the fact that command blocks will NOT work, even when the enable command block setting has been set to true. Is this a bug or something?

15. Offline

TnT

ebear
    They work. I have them enabled and running a plugin command on my server. It entirely depends on what command you are trying to run.

16. Offline

ebear

I am trying to use give, teleport, and the sort. That does not work...
    TnT

17. Offline

TnT

ebear
    Try making a post in Bukkit Help for assistance setting up your command blocks.

18. Offline

ebear

Could it be a plugin that is stopping that from working, TnT?

19. Offline

TnT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.