CraftBukkit 1.4.6-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.4.6-R0.1) that provides Minecraft 1.4.6 compatibility is now available in time for the holidays!

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine, with the exception of plugins that use Minecraft or CraftBukkit code.

Important Note: This Beta Build contains a new safeguard to protect servers against unchecked and thus potentially damaging plugins. See the announcement here for more information:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sa...cked-and-potentially-damaging-plugins.116749/

What is a Beta build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

This particular Beta build, like every first Beta build for a Minecraft update, is primarily made available to help facilitate more testing coverage to bring us closer to a Recommended Build sooner. Please consider running this Beta build to give us a hand with discovering issues we need to address in order to reach a Recommended Build.

Known Issues:
    • Monsters, villagers, etc. using portals (added in Minecraft 1.4) has been temporarily disabled.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.4.6-R0.1 here

2. Offline

Plugins

Nice thanks!

3. Offline

macmc

Thanks a lot for this build made very quickly!

4. Offline

Cord2895

The permission node "bukkit.command.op.give" does not seem to be working? Did you change permissions?

5. Offline

Phoenix_8754

6. Offline

laivino

Made an account just to say this to the Bukkit team:

Been in the it biz for 25+ years, following the free/open/libre thing for almost as long.

And I'm astounded re your dedication for the community, as a fan and user I want to thank you for this dedication, which I'm sure is hard to follow up at times, which such a demanding (and young) userbase. And the "hat" issue as well must be difficult.

Thank you for your good work and dedication, and a happy Christmas to all of the Bukkkit team!!

Christian

7. Offline

turtle6688

This question maybe a bit noobish but I'm having this problem with world edit. I can remove blocks just fine, but when I try to set new block it gives the error code "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/Block.

Not sure what this is, plz help me out. (I only receive this error on the new build)

8. Offline

owenftw

thanks for the fast builds :D Works great!

9. Offline

XboxFest

Is this build extremely slow to start up for anyone else?

10. Some work fine and some not (you have to update all of your broken plugins to the latest dev build!)

Same Problem, wait for World Edit to be updated to the new code!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  11. Offline

Zai44

..... i'm not allowed to buy the game... so i shall hav craftbukkit 1.4.5 a long time when a next craftbukkit will come and then i shall test it if it work...

12. Offline

Alexander852

my players cant die ...

13. Offline

Afotai

Actually you are less allowed to pirate a game due to laws, instead of someone(parents?) saying no you know.

Latest Worldedit dev build from their jenkins works for me, but read: development version, so its at own risk.

14. Offline

lenis0012

i dont like the new CraftBukkit

Breaking my plugins -.-
    All the work form last 6 months is death

15. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Update your plugins

16. Offline

lenis0012

I spended 2 months on coding a whole new Api for my plugins and now everything changed.
    It would take me at least a week to fix
    You did not HAVE TO DO those changes, you just did it

17. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Why are your plugins using an API that needs changing? The Bukkit API hasn't particularly changed in a while now.

18. Offline

lenis0012

i was talking about the CraftBukkit server jar

19. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

The craftbukkit internals are highly volatile and shouldn't be built against without proper precautions and full knowledge that they can break at any time.

20. Offline

lenis0012

but come on, cant you stop the version in the class path and all the classes being renamed, thats useless for the jar itself and terrible for dev's

21. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

It's useful for the jar itself and wonderful for devs. Speaking as both a server owner and a developer here.

22. Offline

lenis0012

its wondefull to search up all the new names of all classes, is that what you call wonderfull?

23. Offline

Cyclometh

Hey folks- possible issue with the most recent versions of CraftBukkit; I noticed that all my pets despawn as soon as I move away from them.

As an experiment, I spawned several ocelots and tamed them, then took them to my home area, had them sit and moved away and each time they were gone when I returned.

Is this the proper place to post such issues? This only began when I updated to the dev/beta builds for 1.4.6, so I assume it's something specific to that. If I can provide any further information or details, let me know.

Thanks for all the hard work on Bukkit.

24. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You should be checking every piece of your internals-touching code every single time minecraft updates anyway. You should be tracking through the internals to ensure every method and variable you call has the exact intended effect as before. Doing anything short of that is irresponsible. Thus there is no significant difference in effort

lukegb likes this.
  25. Offline

Zai44

mee to i don't like the new craftbukkit. it crash and sets auto to online mode

26. Offline

lenis0012

Well, i got to tell that the latest changes on CraftBukkit are really good

but still i think the the verisons in the path were a bad idea

27. Offline

np98765

I've experienced no issues with stability. As for online mode, you should have bought the game rather than pirating it.

s32ialx likes this.
  28. Offline

Zai44

have not downladed in piratebay and im not allowed to buy the game :( but mineshafter is ok! :D

29. Offline

EvilSeph

You're not going to get support for pirating the game. The Bukkit project doesn't support pirates or offline mode. Discussion of such will likely get you banned.

Merry Christmas!

Praqoon likes this.
  30. Offline

Praqoon

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D

31. Offline

s32ialx

No Offence but you can walk in to a corner store and get a "Pre-Loaded Mastercard" and use that in conjunction with PayPal and VIOLA Minecraft Premium.

and You don't have to be 18+ to buy that "Pre-Loaded Mastercard"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.