CraftBukkit 1.3.2-R1.0 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Recommended Build (1.3.2-R1.0) that provides Minecraft 1.3.2 compatibility is now available. As this RB contains a significant number of important changes and fixes - including the extensive work we've put into improving server performance, upgrading is highly recommended.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine.

Important Notes:
    The release of Minecraft 1.3 introduced built in auto-save functionality that is completely new to Minecraft: prior to this release, server admins had to provide their own means to save things on their server at a set interval. As a result, the vast majority of servers already have an auto-saving mechanism of some sort, rendering the newly provided built in auto-save largely redundant. On top of this, it was also immediately noticeable that the built in auto-save was the cause of a significant performance hit to the server, even going so far as to lock up the server each time it ran.

Bearing this in mind, we decided the best course of action was to make the auto-save interval configurable and default to being disabled. By doing so we immediately saw a noticeable performance increase on servers and noticed overwhelmingly positive feedback on our Beta builds. While some might argue that this could leave servers without frequent saving, this change simply reverts behaviour back to what server admins are familiar with from Minecraft 1.2.5.

As mentioned before, we have made the auto-save interval configurable and disableable within the bukkit.yml. Simply set "ticks-per.autosave" to the number of ticks you want between each save or set it to 0 to disable it completely and use a script or plugin to manage it instead. For future reference, the Minecraft default for this value is 900.

Known Issues:
    • None.
    For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.3.2-R1.0 here

2. Offline

tanveergt5

great work guys

3. Offline

iFullyPro

Thank you for the fine update. Things are running smoothly.

4. Offline

iScottien

Thanks alot guys !

5. Offline

LEOcab

Anyone else get any problems? A player of mine claims to have found a dupe glitch related to dispensers on the same day I upgraded to this version. I didn't quite understand it as he tried to show me because he had to leave mid way, but this guy has reported real problems in the past (including the known dispenser dupe glitch in one of the early 1.3 dev builds) so I'm not going to dismiss it. I'll post back once he shows me again.

6. finally -- wohuuu :) thx!

7. Offline

Faller10

I Was Waitong for this good job!

8. Offline

jacklin213

well i thought this came out already but Good job bukkit team for releasing this proper RB

9. Offline

petebeth

thank you

10. Offline

victorxz

hey i the bukkit 1.3.2 to download in here with plugins with all permissions setuped and with a nice world download :)

11. Offline

Kainzo

So that's where all the rollbacks came from ;)

12. Offline

spydercanopus

Just to be clear, was the Minecraft auto-save feature turned on since 1.3 and now it's been disabled in bukkit since 1.3.2-R1.0?

13. Offline

TnT

Minecraft implemented an autosave feature in the attempt to be sure that SSP players would not lose world data. This is a brand new feature in 1.3.
    Bukkit still contains this feature, however, we set it back to 0 in the bukkit.yml as this is the expected behavior that server owners have came to know and understand. You can utilize it if you wish by modifying the autosave: 0 value to be higher than 0. Note: This is the ticks per autosave, so you will want to chose a fairly high value as to not make your world save every tick.

14. Offline

spydercanopus

So from Bukkit 1.3 until 1.3.2-R1.0, the auto-save was on by default and now it's not?

15. Offline

TnT

Yes.

16. Offline

Recklessauditor

I absolutely love you man !!! :D

17. Offline

Dystopia

You guys rock!

Kind day sirs.

18. Offline

Paperskittles1

Worked great! Thanks EvilSeph! ^_^

19. Offline

Deleted user

Notice how once TnT start controlling all the support requests, there are only 2 pages of posts.

20. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

This is also a minor release compared to the first build for 1.3 ;)

Deleted user likes this.
  21. Offline

TnT

I didn't think we needed to see "Help, I get the error 'Cannot access jarfile craftbukkit.jar', what should I do?" since its covered quite extensively in the Bukkit Help forum.

22. Offline

RustyDagger

Awesome Work Guys This means that the new Tab Key API that was added like 1 day ago is now in an RB meaning all plugin developers can now safely make use of it with out some server owners missing out.

I personally hope to see plugins taking control over the list that is cycled when tab is pressed and make it cycle different options for the command. as well as smarter name matching like when names are prefixed with u: to identify to the plugin that its a user being specified.

The above mentioned API has the potential to make the learning curve for all plugins A lot more simple as you can trial and error in game with out flicking back to webpages to read some times Horrifically formatted pages.

one of the things i have looked forward since the chat box was redone

very good job on that Keep up the excellent work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.