CraftBukkit 1.2.5 R5 help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Brayx4, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Brayx4

I downloaded craftbukkit 1.2.5 R5 today and I can't seen to install it to my server. Can anyone help me on this?

2. Offline

Snipes01

All you really need to do is place the craftbukkit jar in a directory and double click on the jar.

3. Offline

jacklin213

that doesnt work u need a run.bat file check out my guide in my signature

4. Offline

Snipes01

Actually yes it does. You don't need a bat file to start a Bukkit server. If that jar is set to open with Java it will work.

5. Offline

jacklin213

when u open the jar what happens, nothing . server does start but u get no CONSOLE. u only get the prosses

6. Offline

Snipes01

Well actually sometimes you do get the console and sometimes you don't. A lot of the time you don't, but you can create that later. You can still get the server started with a double click on the jar is my point.

I know what you are saying I'm just saying you can start one without a bat file.

It might be silly, but if you wanted to start it up, get all the files loaded, edit them, create a bat and start it again that could work. Not so good for the worlds, but it works.

Not trying to argue a lot of people would probably say its better to have a bat file.

7. Offline

Nucious

You make absolutely no-sense. If you don't have a console, you might as well not even run a server... lmao.

8. Offline

Snipes01

It does work..I'm telling you. I've done it before.

You could start the server by double clicking on the jar. I will say the double click method with most current builds doesn't show console, but I've done it with older builds. You can use the command prompt in windows, navigate to that directory and use this line to start the server with console
    Code:
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar

Its not the way most people would do it, but it can be done.

Anyone can come to this thread an tell me I'm stupid, but it does work. All 3 methods will START a bukkit server.

9. Offline

Nucious

I honestly don't care. This isn't helping anyone, its actually degrading the knowledge of proper server management.

10. Offline

Butkicker12

11. Offline

Nucious

If anyone doesn't know how to Update their CraftBukkit Server...
    Remove or move your older CraftBukkit version somewhere ( Delete it or save it for back up ). Download rf.5 and rename it to CraftBukkit.jar ( OR craftbukkit )
    place it where your old CB.jar was and then voila you are now on rf.5

If you see any Plugin errors..well its a new build, what did you expect?

12. Offline

Snipes01

Proper eh..you can't deny that it WILL work.

13. Offline

Nucious

It may work, but why in the world would you host something when you don't even know for sure that its working?

14. Offline

jacklin213

would u click the bat once or click the .jar wait forever nothing comes out.then u need to find how to close it on google and u find out all u need to do is ctrl+alt+del start task manager end java prosses.then go to cmd cd to java then cd to ur server dictory and then use the code to find out it didnt work. then u go google how to setup a bukkit server and find out everything can b done with A CLICK

15. Offline

XxWolfTorrentxX

@jacklin123 & Everyone!

EvilSeph once said:

Notes:This Recommended Build includes an upgrade to the jLine we use in Bukkit. As a result, Windows servers need the Visual C++ 2008 redistributable if you want to be able to see text formatting in your console (or use -nojline to disable jLine if you don't want to).

(Read! :/ )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.