CraftBukkit 1.2.5-R0.1 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.2.5-R0.1) that provides Minecraft 1.2.5 compatibility is now available. Please only use this build if you'd like to help us get a Recommended Build out when Minecraft 1.2.5 is officially released and don't mind running a preview build to help us test things. For those of you waiting for a Recommended Build, you'll be happy to hear that we'll be getting one out tomorrow shortly after Minecraft 1.2.5 is released.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Unless the plugin developers of your plugins have been keeping up with Bukkit development, plugins will most likely be broken due to the recent optimisation and cleaning of our code. However, if the plugins you use have already been updated to work with at least 1.1-R7 or at least 1.2.3-R0.1, then you should be fine.

What is a Beta Build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

This particular Beta build, like every first Beta build for a Minecraft update, is primarily made available to help facilitate more testing coverage to bring us closer to a Recommended Build sooner. Please consider running this Beta build to give us a hand with discovering issues we need to address in time for the official release of Minecraft 1.2.5.

Known Issues:
    • None

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here

Download CraftBukkit 1.2.5-R0.1 here

Santar0, efstajas, Magnavoid and 5 others like this.
  2. Offline

Chikyuno

Wow, this is unexpected!
    I'm lost for words.
    Well done, really, thank you!

3. Offline

C0nsole

wait but minecraft didnt update.....
    am I missing something?

4. Offline

superpeanut911

1.2.5 build aready
    Awesome
    Great Job Bukkit team!

5. Offline

robinsousa

I know, I was saying that there would be a new recommend right after the release of 1.2.5. This is what it says above

6. Offline

DrunkIrishman

They released a pre-release on the company's website: www.mojang.com

7. Offline

CaelThunderwing

i'm going to hold off even after a RB for 1.2.5, its the First version to start w/ the Mod API so no one's really going to know how it's going to be if it'll be stable, turn out to be a butt-nutter, or better than 1.2.4~ older

8. Offline

Xx_Zenix_xX

EPIC! :D Thanks Bukkit team! YOU GUYS ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK! :D

9. Offline

Unscrewed

Uhm, as far as I know you won't notice anything from the Modding API, it doesn't change anything in-game and is -probably- a hook into the original game.

10. Offline

Epicninjaman100

The recommended build is working just fine for me with absolutely no bugs, nice job guys!

11. Offline

feildmaster

That's going to be 1.3 that has the DevCraft API.

Beta build. ;)

12. Offline

efstajas

So you've got a stable build out before the update even gets released? Good work I guess :D

13. Offline

Geoff Winans

Too bad they pooched the client.

Yay for a complete lack of QA testing!

14. Offline

lordsau007

Super that was fast bukkit Rules :cool:

15. Thanks bukkit TEAM ! <3

16. Offline

troed

1) Go to http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/courier/
    2) Click "Subscriptions"
    3) Select "File Updates" and then click "Update"

Repeat for all plugins you use, once. Done.

17. Offline

TizShadow

Again Thanks to the Best Bukkit Builders :3[diamond]

18. Offline

S_P_Ewing

Is anyone working on a "plugin validation" script or utility to identify incompatible plugins ? Very grateful for the in-step updates here, and no great fan of waterfall, but appreciate it is hard for everyone to keep up. Not all of us have lab conditions going with daily (hourly ?) builds. It would be good to have a convention whereby the plugin folder could be renamed with a blacklist prefix for filtering (other than '.').

Are Mojang culling the trivial changes from the change log ? (s rather than ns on load btw - that was an excellent small change for them to make quietly).

19. Offline

Chubaca

I am a bit new to this stuff as i made my server on Thursday. Could you please tell me the steps i need to take in order to update my server?

I believe you can as long as they have been updated to at least 1.1

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.