Web Crafatar - A new Minecraft avatar service!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by Jake0oo0, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jake0oo0

We've seen several different avatar services throughout Minecraft's history, but even the most popular ones have ended up completely broken and bug ridden. Upon realizing this, RedstoneSheep and I set out to create a new service that would be 100% reliable, and faster than the other services available.

With that, I present to you Crafatar! We started developing Crafatar back in October of this year, and we're still making improvements and adding new features! As of today, we have reached 300 commits over on our Github repository.

Crafatar serves many websites, such as TechnicPack, ShockNetwork, and Globcraft. You can see a larger list of our users over here.

We offer the usual Minecraft avatars:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Along with skins:
    [​IMG]

Not only do we serve usernames, but you can use UUIDs in replace of a username in any of our API endpoints!

A quick example URL, that uses my face at 160px, with my helmet enabled: https://crafatar.com/avatars/Jake0oo0?size=160&helm

You can find all the API documentation right over at our home page.

If you decide to use Crafatar in your own application, we would love to hear from you over here!

noobkackboon likes this.
  2. Offline

Chiller

@Jake0oo0 Thanks! This is way faster than minotar! Will be using this for McAdminPanel!

3. Offline

Jake0oo0

We're excited to announce our next feature: 3D renders!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You can find the documentation for renders over on https://crafatar.com

noobkackboon likes this.
  4. Offline

noobkackboon

Twitter

you can also find us on twitter now: @crafatar

5. Offline

Mister_Fix

damn man clean your URL's up, use something like mod_rewrite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.